• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

OK Here we go, finally

Started by big kahuna, April 23, 2010, 10:11:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

big kahuna

I've had the OBS for nearly a month. Finally got it set up on a stand in the garage, a hood over it vented to outside, and seasoned it this morning.
I have an Auber dual probe, but just can't wait.
I have two bone in turkey breasts on the rack with herb butter with celery salt, garlic, cayenne, black pepper, sage, Greek seasoning, and sea salt worked in under the skin, and fondled in on top of the breasts. Added more celery salt, garlic, cayenne, salt and pepper to the top, (went real easy on the salt. I'll use two thermos, one in the meat, and one in the cabin.
The OBS is coming up to temp with two hours and forty minutes of apple on board with two of Auber's pucks behind.
A fifth of Grey Goose in the freezer, (well, not quite that much now, I do like to rub my breasts when I have a little buzz), some cranberry juice to go with it.
It's a rain day for me. I'm a contractor, so I called my home phone from my cell phone and made a cheesy excuse and demanded a raise. That went well and I got a two dollar an hour raise.
Was shaking too much to take pics, and later when they come out?

aces-n-eights

Sounds like you got it going on!  I'm sure you're actually worth a five dollar an hour raise, but you might want to wait until next week to hit up the boss for that...
US Army, retired, x2
Soldotna Alaska
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Psalm 109:8

big kahuna

Rally Aces?
I better call myself back and act on it while I'm thinking I deserve it. I hope my customers agree. I guess I'll settle for three. The price of gas is going up, after all.

RAF128

Did I read that right?   You've got Grey Goose and cranberry juice to put in it :o.   Why would you spoil the Vodka by putting anything in except ice? ;)

big kahuna

The first two are two servings of fruit in a day, at least that's my feelings.

ArnieM

I'm kinda with RAF. 

Put the smoker on autopilot.

Put some ice in a glass - you don't need much because the GG is already cold.  Pour in the GG.  Open the cranberry juice and carefully pour it down the sink drain.  Take a nap  ;D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

DTAggie

Right there with ya RAF. On my second glass of Titos on the rocks!  Titos handmade in Austin, Tx.  It is great (even if I am an Aggie).

big kahuna

Thanks alot guys! Thanks to you I switched to GG on the rocks. Now today is about shot. I think I'll have to have a bloody mary to get normal, if I use V-8 that's two servings of vegetables, by the way.
The smoke turned out well, by the way.
Already did some store bought sausages, and am about done with a tray full of cheese.

KevinG

Anything tastes good after GG on the rocks  ;D, I'm sure it came out good even without it!
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

big kahuna

Thanks Kevin
But on another note, since I don't feel like doing anything, especially dishes, has anyone sort of just hung the thermometer probes in the dishwasher through the door?

KevinG

I'm not sure about the Aubor probes, but I know you don't want to do that with the Maverick's, they will get permanent damage.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Tenpoint5

Big K just how much GG did you have? Most everyone that I know waits at least 10 days before consuming any smoked cheese. Otherwise it tastes just like an ashtray. You said you smoked and ate a whole tray fresh out of the smoker must have been a lot of GG involved.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

big kahuna

The cheese is shrink wrapped. I will leave it alone for two weeks. It'll be a long wait. And I had alot of GG.
Sorry, but I didn't mean to mislead you. The cheese was done today. It is vacume sealed and in the fridge

big kahuna

What do you mean I ate a whole tray 10.5? How much did you have?

Tenpoint5

Quote from: big kahuna on April 24, 2010, 09:19:10 AM
The smoke turned out well, by the way.
Already did some store bought sausages, and am about done with a tray full of cheese.

This is what I was referring to. Although I have been awake for a lot longer than I really wanted to on a rainy Saturday. I just started with the first mixer of the day. I plan on taking it easy or I will be sleeping before the news comes on.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!