• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

ribs and canadian bacon

Started by bears fan, April 24, 2010, 08:59:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bears fan

I got all the seasonings last night and put together Jan's dry rub for the ribs.  Applied it to the ribs and put them in the fridge overnight.

Ready for the smoker.  Also making some canadian bacon.  Had it curing for 6 days in the fridge.  Each loin for the canadian bacon is 1 lb. each.  I'll let everyone know how it all turns out and take some more pics after the cooking is finished.

KevinG

Looks like a well laid out plan.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

DarqMan

Lions and tigers and bears.... OH MYYY!!!!!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

Tenpoint5

Yummy Yummy Yummy!!!! of course I got Brats in my Tummy!! But them is looking mighty good
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

FLBentRider

Once you taste that Canadian Bacon you are going to wish you made more.

I usually make about 12lbs at a time, or 3 whole loins from Sams club.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

bears fan

The canadian bacon sure looks good.  Not sure how my ribs are going to turn out.  I'll soon find out.

classicrockgriller

KevinG

Wow, that's got some real nice color to it.

Tenpoint5

Somebody is going to be eating good for breakfast in the morning!!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

bears fan

The recipe I used says I need to let it set in the fridge at least two days before I consume it so unfortunately I am going to have to wait a couple of days before trying it.  I'm not really sure why, but I know the guy that gave me the recipe and I've tried his canadian bacon before and it was excellent, so I'm not going to mess with his recipe.

My ribs were so so.  I really think I got a bad batch of spareribs.  The meat smelled sort of rancid when I took it would of the package and it really never went away after cooking it either.  So, I was disappointed with them.  I sure hope the canadian bacon makes up for the ribs.

FLBentRider

Sorry to hear about the ribs.

If my nose doesn't like them, I pitch or return them.

The recipe I use for CB (habs) says wait two days, but I usually sneak a quality control sample.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

bears fan

In hine site I should've returned them I think.  That is what I get for buying meat from Walmart.  I know better than that too.

KevinG

That's one of the bad things about supermarket meat. You never know how they've been taken care of. Makes me glad I know how to butcher. Well, better luck next time.

bears fan

The canadian bacon definately made up for what the ribs were not.  Everyone loved the canadian bacon.  I wished I would've done more than just 3 pounds.  Next time I will do a couple of loins.

squirtthecat

Very nice!!

Can you share your friend's CB recipe/technique?