• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

New wirless thermometer..

Started by dribron, May 25, 2010, 02:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KevinG

I wish I could find my post, but I can't. Before I bought my Maverick I decided on another brand, it looked a lot better. I ordered it but it never came. About 5 months after they contacted me and said it was in stock. I already had both my Mavericks.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

BuyLowSellHigh

There aren't a whole lot of choices.  What I don't like is no temp program - just pick meat and degree of doneness.  Those are useless in my mind.  On the you-set-the temp and wireless,  had an Acurite for several years that was very reliable, it died when I dropped it for the XX time.  They have a single probe wireless model that is entirely temp program (no pre-stored temps) for $32 at Amazon.  Here's a link to the Amazon page.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

dribron

Yeah, it looks like I will just have to find a decient non-wireless unit, and be happy with that. I was liking not have to run out every hour to check temps though. But if you cant reley on a product, why buy again.
I bought a Bradley because it works, and it will last a while. In the past I owned a ECB, which doesnt work all that well, so I got rid of it.... I like to own things that work even if they do cost more, reliability is worth the extra cost.

ArnieM

Well, my ET-73 still works - knock on wood.

I have arthritis and didn't want to to keep running around checking the smoker.  The PID I got relieves me from constantly checking the cabinet temp.

Then it's an estimate of cooking time.  I have a wired Oneida (cheap) that I've used for years in the grill, oven and smoker.  It still works.  Then check it from time to time.

But, as I said, the ET-73 still works and makes life easier for keeping track of the IT.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

dribron

I liked mine untill it quit on me... If it worked I'd still be using it... I just don't plan on buying another based on the life span of the one I own now.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: KevinG on May 26, 2010, 06:59:04 AM
I wish I could find my post, but I can't. Before I bought my Maverick I decided on another brand, it looked a lot better. I ordered it but it never came. About 5 months after they contacted me and said it was in stock. I already had both my Mavericks.

Kevin;

Was it this one: Nu-Temp  NU-701

If not someone did, and it was on back order. A little pricey, but a lot of options. You can be monitoring meats being cooked in several different devices.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

stantonl

I can go on and on about buying thermometers. Seem to have little to no luck with them lasting anytime.
I also wish thermoworks made an affordable remote thermometer.

Larry

KevinG

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on May 26, 2010, 01:34:42 PM

Kevin;

If not someone did, and it was on back order. A little pricey, but a lot of options. You can be monitoring meats being cooked in several different devices.

Yep that was it Habs.

Up In Smoke

Maybe if we get enough people together we could
get thermoworks to work a deal?
I have a new smoker coming and could use
a couple of good dual probes.
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

stantonl

Quote from: Up In Smoke on May 26, 2010, 03:26:33 PM
Maybe if we get enough people together we could
get thermoworks to work a deal?
I have a new smoker coming and could use
a couple of good dual probes.

I would gladly jump on that bandwagon.

Larry

ArnieM

This is the country of law suits

Maybe a class action on Maverick?  We all get $1.23.   >:(
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: KevinG on May 26, 2010, 02:16:46 PM
Quote from: Habanero Smoker on May 26, 2010, 01:34:42 PM

Kevin;

Yep that was it Habs.

I see they are still out of stock. ???

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

KevinG

I know, I just checked it again. I can't understand that, how can they keep running out. Hire more people - we need the jobs and they need the business.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: KevinG on May 27, 2010, 08:41:31 AM
I know, I just checked it again. I can't understand that, how can they keep running out. Hire more people - we need the jobs and they need the business.

..... or the people they hired didn't make them very good and they are having problems with them.

KevinG

Ok, let me re-phrase - hire more competent people.  ;D