• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

New wirless thermometer..

Started by dribron, May 25, 2010, 02:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dribron

Hey guy's and gals, I am looking for a wilrell model, preferable with two probes to be used with my smoker. I have had the Maveric et-73 that lasted all of two-three months before dying, so I'd like to find another option....  Any info will be great, thank you!

ArnieM

I did a lot of looking and couldn't find anything better than the ET-73.  What happened to yours?
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

dribron

It has completly died out. At first I had great range, then that started to dropp off. I tryed changing batterys two times with no luck. Now I ccant get better than a foot or two, and today not even a foot.

ArnieM

Is it still under warranty?  If so, don't take a hammer to it just yet  ;D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

dribron

I have no idea.... ..I didn't save any papper work... nor did I send any warty card in, well if there was one.. don't rember that....

classicrockgriller

I would e-mail who ever I bought it from.

The mavericks have been great remotes for most of the Forum members.

BuyLowSellHigh

All you need for a warranty claim is proof of purchase (no card necessary).  If you bought from an online source you might have that proof in purchase confirmation email or if from Amazon you can download an invoice from past purchases.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

dribron

I no longer have any purchase confirmation.... Should have saved it I guess, just figured that it would have worked.... It's fine I'll just stick to old fanshioned stick thermometers.. I won't buy a Maveric again... Thanks everyone.

drewpatton

Whats the deal with mavericks? Everyone talks like they ARE THE ONLY one to own. Consumer reports rates it pretty low in comparison to just about every other brand. Polder being the top dog.

drewpatton

I dont think it breaks the ratings down to wireless or not, only leave in and instant read.

dribron

polder? I'll have to check them out... Thanks.

HawkeyeSmokes

The Polder I had was a piece of cr*p!

Tossed it out.
HawkeyeSmokes

JT-MO

I have a maverick ET-73, and I am not to fond of it, I managed to break the battery door the first day, so ever since I have no back on it.
I contacted them about it and I never heard back so that is that, I don't think I would buy another either.
Unfortunately I don't think there is anything better out there, I'm not worried about that range just so long as I can get up to 20ft I am happy.

squirtthecat

My ET-73 is pretty fragile as well.   Case broke, switch broke off, etc.

The ET-7 (dual probe) is a nice alternative.    I've got an old old Maverick that is the single probe and it works like a champ.   Been using it for 5+ years.

FLBentRider

I wish thermoworks made an affordable remote thermometer.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!