They grow up so fast! (CRG, please look, starter has arrived)

Started by TTNuge, June 03, 2010, 02:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GusRobin

crg --giot it today. Can't take a picture cause the wife is out of town with the camera. But mine was also bulging when I opened it. Got it opened in a jar and in the fridge. Will get to starting the bread tomorrow. I'll call you in a few minutes asking advice.
thanks again
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

BuyLowSellHigh

Next time might be worth trying (or testing before next time) feeding as usual, allow it to grow and then collapse at room temp, pack the past-peak starter for shipping then refrigerate until final packaging time. For the short time of shipping the culture will be fine - with no new food source it shouldn't grow.  On the receiving end feed 3 times at 12 hours intervals ASAP upon receipt, and then should be good to go.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

DTAggie

TTNuge

The next morning...

And here is my jar of starter ready to go into the fridge for a couple days before I start on my first batch of bread!

Need to be a bit more careful next time so I don't get some on the sides of the jar, hopefully it won't matter but it would look nicer for the photo op if the jar was all nice n clean.

classicrockgriller

TTNuge

Here it is 8 hours later

Thanks again Sonny, couldn't have done it without you.  Just goes to show, this is something totally non-Bradley related but it doesn't matter, everyone helps out when they can, gives encouragement and seems interested in people's progress and results.  What a great extended family!

classicrockgriller

You are WELCOME!

Glad you showed an intrest in it!

I hope and think you will enjoy the finish product.

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Quarlow on June 04, 2010, 10:58:28 PM
"IT'S ALIVE"

YES IT IS! That boy will be driving before too long! And then reproducing! ;D

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

TTNuge

And it just doesn't stop

The kids are loving it, they aren't sure if they should be impressed or scared.  It's actually a pretty good learning experience for them.

BuyLowSellHigh

It's the dough that ate Chicago  Minneapolis !  Run, run for your lives ! 
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

classicrockgriller

That darling is right on Target!

Does it have a name yet? ;D

TTNuge

It's a boy so I think I'll name it Zeke.  I can tell it's a boy because it's cold and rainy today and if you look at this pic...

That's right, SHRINKAGE!

Got a party to go to so I won't be doing anything now but do I need to wait for it to shrink more before feeding it and getting ready to make bread tomorrow?  Could I feed it now or should it be closer to it's starting size?  Maybe by this evening when I get home I can feed it so I can make fresh bread tomorrow.  Mmmmmm, fresh bread.

Quarlow

OBS
BBQ