They grow up so fast! (CRG, please look, starter has arrived)

Started by TTNuge, June 03, 2010, 02:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TTNuge

Not what I was expecting, barely got it out of the box.  Still looks sealed, definitely had a yeast smell to it though. 

All is well?  I believe you had a thread for OU812 when he got his starter so I'm off to read that and follow.

Trent

mikeradio

OMG I did not think a food saver bag could expand like that.  WOW  thats crazy

Mike

Quarlow

That is hilarious. Could you imagine opening the box and have that thing spring out at you. :D :D :D The box probably looked like he shipped you a basketball.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

classicrockgriller

TTNuge

WOW, I just heard a pop from the kitchen and had images of yeast everywhere.  Fortunately it was just the ziplock bag that the food saver bag was in, it finally gave up and blew apart.

mikeradio

Hey CRG

Imagine what it would look like if you shipped to me in Canada.

classicrockgriller

OU812

That is unreal!

I had my wife put mine in the fridge as soon as it arrived, good thing she didnt have to work that day.

CRG, maybe thats why my bag had a small leak in it, I'll have to ask her if the box was all pooched out when it arrived.

Trent, now the fun begins.

classicrockgriller

I was telling Trent that I "think" I put a pin hole in the top of yours.

I talked to him on the phone and all is kewl!

Poor Gus maynot get his till tomorrow! ;D

DTAggie

classicrockgriller

Glass ... USPS?

Might look for some plastic Jars for shipping if someone else wants the starter.

Ka Honu

Now you know why people usually dehydrate their starter before shipping.  While the product may not be as "interesting" as CRG's "dough bombs," it certainly reduces the fear factor.

squirtthecat

Quote from: classicrockgriller on June 03, 2010, 04:29:01 PM
Might look for some plastic Jars for shipping if someone else wants the starter.

Something plastic and heavy, perhaps..

Or, what KH says.   ;)

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Ka Honu on June 03, 2010, 04:38:29 PM
Now you know why people usually dehydrate their starter before shipping.  While the product may not be as "interesting" as CRG's "dough bombs," it certainly reduces the fear factor.

ROFLMAO .... thanks Ka Honu. ;D

I am working on a dehydrated model.

TestRocket

I can see the news headline now: AP reports, "Explosion inside UPS Truck" Three city blocks evacuated, SWAT team deployed, neighbor says the guy "seemed friendly and normal".