They grow up so fast! (CRG, please look, starter has arrived)

Started by TTNuge, June 03, 2010, 02:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

Anytime after the 24 hr frige time you can re-use.

It will stir done to size, just has a lot of gas pockets in it.

TTNuge

Gotta run out to a family event but I wanted to show a little sneak peak and say "Mmmmmmmmm..."

Few lessons learned I will share when I get back.

OU812

Lookin good Trent.

Looks like you got a hot spot in your oven, the loaf on the front right looks like it got a little hot.  ;D

classicrockgriller

BuyLowSellHigh

I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

mikeradio

Hey Trent  That bread looks great, I cant wait to get some starter and give it a try.

Mike

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

TTNuge

Thanks guys!  I just got back from dinner at the In-Laws where I brought a loaf of fresh baked bread and let me tell you, it was a huge hit.  Everyone loved it!  And I thought it turned out very good as well.  I am really happy with the finished product.  The experiences leading up to the final product definitely had me worried though.  Short story is I'm thinking that even though I was spooning the flour into the measuring cup I still was pushing it against the sides of the bag a little and packing the flour some.  I have to believe that I was just getting too much flour into the mix because when I added the 7 cups to everything in the KA mixer it was very dry and the mixer was having a hard time.  I did add a little more water at that point but I think I should have added more.  Next time I think I will try and sift the flour into a bigger measuring cup/bowl and try that as I'm pretty sure that was my problem.  Other than that, a few delays here and there both from me and from the mixture taking a long time to raise meant that the bread got baked this morning before work instead of last evening.  No big deal but it meant the bread was done when I was at work so I didn't get a nice warm piece to taste.  Oh well, next time.

So far everyone in the family loves it.  I'm already planning on making more for this weekend, probably a lot more buns and maybe just a loaf or two.  Right now I still have the buns left and about a loaf and a half but I don't see that lasting long.  Again, thank you so much Sonny for the starter and the knowledge you shared, it truly is appreciated and I think it will be something that will be a part of my family for a long time.  And thanks to everyone else for the encouragement, it really helps!

Trent

classicrockgriller

Thanks for the update. Glad everyone enjoyed it.

I promise it gets easier the second time.

I was happy you wanted it and was glad to share.

If I can help, let me know.

Also by now, BLSH has a knowledge of what we have and can help with the finer points.

Hope it stays with the family forever!