• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Salmon. Shrimp and Boudin

Started by DTAggie, June 05, 2010, 03:22:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DTAggie

As I said last night, I was going to do some salmon today.  Decided to throw some shrimp and boudin in there as well.

Put the shrimp in the Target brand of CT

2.5 lbs of salmon with some light rub

DTAggie

Hit post before I added the boudin picture

DTAggie

Racked up to go.  Doing 1 hour of Alder and 20 minutes of Maple.

squirtthecat

Dang, that looks like a CRG smoke with the fake CT and boudin!

Looking forward to the results...   I've used that rub before.  Good stuff.

DarqMan

Those shrimp are peeled (they don't look deviened) and marinated in a CT clone?  I'd like to know how that comes out for you.  Looks like something I'd like to try.  Have about 5lbs of jumbos in the freezer now just crying for some attention.

Looks great DTA!!!
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

DTAggie

Peeled yes.  I do not devein.  Too much work and not worth it.  Yes that rub is good.

squirtthecat

I've done CT soaked smoked shrimp before.  Just the cheapo Walmart/Sam's variety.  Very good...   But they don't keep well. (I think the vinegar keeps 'working' on them in the fridge)    Solution?  Eat them all!

classicrockgriller

That Target CT is not bad. I like it.

That all looks great, but I do like to smoke my Boudain a little longer.

Well how did it taste?

DTAggie

Shrimp off after the 1:20 smoke. The CT not my favorite on shrimp but the more they sit the better they seem to keep tatsing. Salmon still cooking.

DarqMan

Well I really like shrimp alot.  Wish I could grab one of those and try it.  They look delicious to me DTA!
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

squirtthecat

Quote from: DarqMan on June 05, 2010, 06:47:27 PM
Well I really like shrimp alot.  Wish I could grab one of those and try it.  They look delicious to me DTA!

Ditto!

Last time I did shrimp (in my Traeger), I went 30 minutes on 'smoke' (180° or so), then < 30 at 225°.   I pulled them off when they started to curl up.   Then into a mini FTC.

DTAggie

I hr 20 min smoke on shrimp.  They were even better after sitting for about 15 minutes. Almost didn't get a picture of the salmon as wife was digging in as soon as I brought it in.  First try on boudin...not sure what I think.  At first bite I didn't care much for it.  But then the seasonings sit in your mouth and you find yourself going back for me.

Salmon was 1 hr 20 min of smoke then a total cook of 2;30 AT 205*.  A bit overdone so probably 1:45 to 2:00 would have been perfect.  But everyone cleaned their plate.

KyNola

Dang DTA that looks really good!  I love smoked shrimp.  I brine them in a very simple salt/sugar brine for only about 20 minutes.  Take them out of the brine and let them air dry to form that sticky pellicle.  Then, brush them with melted butter that has been spiked with your favorite cajun rub.  Into the smoker. Heck yeah!

squirtthecat

classicrockgriller

EVERYTHING looks A+++!

That Boudain is perfect color!