• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Leftovers

Started by DarqMan, June 08, 2010, 06:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuyLowSellHigh

With properly cooked stuff the issue isn't what was on or in it before it was cooked, it's usually contamination after the fact.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

OU812

If it still smells good I eat it.

I know it was handled properly cause I did it and I dont cut any corners.

classicrockgriller

Use the "sniff and smell" method.

If it doesn't smell like what you thought you were going to eat ...

then don't eat it.

DarqMan

I broke my rule tonight.  I still had some of the pulled beef I did smoke last Saturday.  Warmed it up and it tasted great... almost better than the day I cooked it.  I normally would have thrown out.
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

OU812

How you feeling this mornin ?  ;D

KyNola

Darq,
I've found that most smoked foods taste better at least the day after it has been smoked.  Seems it gives the smoke time to evenly distribute.  I had pastrami sandwiches from pastrami that had been thin sliced, vac sealed and frozen.  Heated a pan of water to just below boiling, put the bag in for 30-35 minutes.  I guarantee you that pastrami was better than when it came out of the smoker!

LOVE pastrami.

DarqMan

Quote from: OU812 on June 11, 2010, 07:12:06 AM
How you feeling this mornin ?  ;D

I'm feeling like having the last bit of that pulled beef ;D
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

DarqMan

Quote from: KyNola on June 11, 2010, 07:16:56 AM
Darq,
I've found that most smoked foods taste better at least the day after it has been smoked.  Seems it gives the smoke time to evenly distribute.  I had pastrami sandwiches from pastrami that had been thin sliced, vac sealed and frozen.  Heated a pan of water to just below boiling, put the bag in for 30-35 minutes.  I guarantee you that pastrami was better than when it came out of the smoker!

LOVE pastrami.

I LOVE pastrami too.  That's another thing on my gotta learn to do it list....

Quarlow

I'll tell ya the pastrami I made awhile ago was the best darned stuff I have ever eaten and everyone who tried it said the same. It is easy to make and you should all try making some.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Smokin Soon

When I do pastrami, it spends a couple days in the fridge Vac sealed before slicing. Not too sure why, but it does make a diff.

Quarlow

Yes it was better after a couple of days of course I only did one corned beef so it didn't last much longer than that either. I will save my pennies till I can afford 2 briskets and make it from scratch this time. I may get orders placed for others too. Between that and the CBB I made it was more fun to make considering the finished product was so awesome.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.