• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

water/waste/pot

Started by jaritte, June 03, 2005, 09:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaritte

Can I use a larger water/waste/pot than the one provided ?

Habanero Smoker

If it is low enough to fit under the generator burner and assembly unit, but why would you want to add a larger size[?]

The Bradley doesn't operate like water smokers such as the Weber Bullet. The water is use to extinguish the pucks, not to control cabinet temperature.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

JJC

Welcome to the Forum, James!  I agree with Hab . . . do you have a special reason for wanting to use a larger water bowl?

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

mark090852

I had the same question...just thinking a larger capacity pot would require opening the door less often with less loss of heat and smoke. Also, it would hold more drippings without overflowing.

nsxbill

No way of getting around opening the door to change out water after first 4 hours.  The water ultimately will boil out into steam.  You want to get that acrid flavor of the spent pucks out of the smoker and replace with new water.  I change out after 4 hrs religiously, and if at temp over 212°F, might change out again after another 4 hrs.  Instead of getting bigger pan, use the extra space for bricks to maintain temp when you have to open the door.

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Chez Bubba

Confucius say, Bill knows what he speaks.

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

owrstrich

i posted this on deadeyes thread...

to add to this thread...when i used the bs bowl for a long smoke without a water change i did get the acid taste...

now... with using on of these...

my new method has not had the acid taste to date... perhaps it is  because i dont go over 200deg so im not steaming the wather away and i got 3 times the water to begain with when compared to the bs bowl...

the size that goes wall to wall inside the bs and is tall enough to fit right under the puck burner... it holds 3 bs bowls worth of water...

smoking in hotel rooms does not afford me the luxury of opening the door for a fill up or the cdf would be on my azz... so i put the pan in the bottom and use a cup to fill it all the way to the brink of overfilling... i start the smoke with no preheat... dont open the door until i get the internal... i get 4hrs of wet spent pucks sitting in a 1/4" of goo... toss the pucks and goo... rinse out the 3 for 99 cent pan and use it 1 more time before sending on its way...

i gotts to adapt cause i gotts to eat...

owrstrich

i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...