Tried Fuzzybear's Salmon Brine #1

Started by Remington, June 06, 2005, 03:53:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remington

By far the best salmon I've made. The brine is simple yet awesome. Everyone I had try it absolutely loved it. Great recipe fuzz and thanks for sharing. One question I have. Do you rinse your salmon after taking it out of the brine? I did not on this batch and it was great. Here's a couple pictures. The first is right before smoking and the second after.

Remington
http://www.hunt101.com/img/293293-big.jpg
http://www.hunt101.com/img/293438-big.jpg

Oldman

Excellent pictures. When I get a chance I will add them to Fuzzy's recipe!

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Remington

Thanks Old. I really love that recipe.

Remington

Kummok

That is some FINE lookin salmon meat, Rem!![:p][:p] Is there a good fishing story behind it?!?! If not, NEVER admit it, just make it up and make it unbelievable[;)][:D][:D]

35 years of extinguishing smoking stuff and now I'm wondering WHY!
Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

tsquared

Now those pics have the mouth watering, Rem. Good eats!
Tom

JJC

Aw, s***!  Now I gotta go have another midnight snack or I won't be able to sleep over the growling of my stomach . . . [:D]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Fuzzybear

Hey Remington, glad you like the brine...I've been away from this forum way to long as the house (first year homeowner/new home blues) has taken up a tremendous amount of my time...It' almost over now as the yard and fence are in, the doggies have a great place to play now without the mud, the house has since been restained, acreage has been brush hogged (have to do that again at the end of July) and on and on...but I digress![:I]

Anyway, I tried rinsining it once but honestly did not find a difference in the taste - I even tried letting it sit and get that glaze on it, but again, didn't notice a taste difference.

Olds, thanks for posting those fine pics!

Fuzz

"A mans got to know his limitations"
Chattaroy, WA - USA!

Kummok

FUZZ!! You're ALIVE![:0] Glad to hear from you again....knew you were out in the WA sticks but wondered about you when I hadn't seen you on the forum for a while. I know I'm one to talk about random check-ins, but it's just great to "hear" your e-voice again![:D][:D]

I sympathize with you on the brush hoggin'....at least 5-4 times a year here, what with all the daylight, precip and all. Fortunately, it's down to just a serious Stihl weedwacker now that the alder and spruce are cut back over the last few years....pretty much a horsetail, Puski (aka Cow Parsnip), and dandelion jungle these days.

None of this is about smokin, so I'd better sign off....looking forward to hearing more about your "carving out of the wilderness" adventures[;)][:D]

35 years of extinguishing smoking stuff and now I'm wondering WHY!
Kummok @ Homer, AK USA