• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Popped my Cherry on my DBS4rk tonight with a poirk loin

Started by waterkc, June 23, 2010, 09:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waterkc

Hello All,

I have popped my cherry with the help of my wife ;D on the Bradley tonight with a Apple stuffed Pork Loin. Had CaptainMK and Family over and it was great.

Here is the basic recipe with a walk through

• Two Pork Loins 1.5 lbs Each
  • Two Granny Smith Apples peeled and quarter
  • One Tbls of Brown Sugar
  • Three pieces of Bacon
  • One Tsp Garlic powder
  • One Tsp Onion powder
  • One Tsp Nutmeg ground
  • One Tsp Cinnamon ground

Brine the Loins for approximately 4hrs to 4 days

Take three pieces of bacon and fry them in a pan

Remove the bacon, place the apples in and fry until they are tender. Place the spices in and cook a bit longer.

Put mixture in to a food processor and chop (Once that is completed, set aside in fridge to harden up.)

Create a Bacon Weave

Split the Pork Loins

Stuff Pork Loins with Puree

Take the pork loins and place them on the bacon weave, wrap up and let stand while smoker is coming up to temp. I place mine about middle of the cabinet and smoked for about 3 hours on 230, with 2.5 hours of Smoke.

Here is the finished product.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and loose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln."

classicrockgriller

winner winner pork loin dinner.

Very nice!

Nice pics too, thanks!

DTAggie

GusRobin

Hmmmm - pork loin fattie  --I like it.  good job, now the addiction starts.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

StickyDan

I hope Bradley was kind enough to kiss you before popping yer cherry! ;)
That looks great.  Another thing on the to do list.

drewpatton

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

TestRocket

Another award winning recipe I'll have to be trying!

Tenpoint5

I realize its early in the morning, so I have not been drinking, but I count 6 pieces of bacon in the frying pan. Looks like everything came out just fine and I am guessing It didn't suck!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

waterkc

Thanks to everyone. That has to be the easiet recipe to make, we usually take it on the grill with the cheap-o smoke box (which is a thing of the past).

Tenpoint5 - you are correct, I figure hey if you got room in the pan for more then why not who don't like to eat the bacon while your making the rest, raise yer hand.  ;D

We are going to do some Salmon on the grill tonight. I am going to hook up a Chicken tonight for Smoking tomorrow. This is a friend recipe that has a resturant in Arlington Va. Some of the best Roasted Chicken I have ever had. I figure with some Hickory it will be even better. Boo-ya.

:Peruvian Roasted Chicken:
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 50 minutes
Yield: Serves 6

Ingredients:

• 1 whole chicken (about 4 pounds)
  • 4 tablespoons white vinegar
  • 3 tablespoons white wine
  • 3 tablespoons canola oil
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
  • 2 tablespoons paprika
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons cumin
  • 2 teaspoons black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • juice of 1 lemon
  • 1 quart cold water

Preparation:
Combine vinegar, wine, oil with garlic powder, cumin, paprika, black pepper, and salt. Mix well to form a paste. Add lemon juice to cold water. Trim chicken of any excess or loose fat. Wash chicken thoroughly with lemon water. Place chicken in zip-top bag. Pour spice paste over chicken. Coat chicken completely with mixture rubbing into every surface. Try to get the paste under the skin as much as possible.

Seal bag and place chicken in refrigerator for at least 2 to 24 hours.

Preheat grill and prepare rotisserie. Place chicken on rotisserie and on the grill for approximately 1 1/2 hours at a temperature around 300 degrees F. (150 degrees C.) Test chicken for doneness by measure in the temperature in the thickest part of the thigh. Chicken is done at 165 degrees F. (75 degrees C.).

Dipping sauce:
Combine 1/2 cup of mayonnaise with 2 tablespoons mustard and 2 tablespoons lime juice. Mix and server on the side.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and loose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln."