• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Download The Members Recipes Project Is Finished.

Started by Oldman, June 08, 2005, 05:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Interesting.

First let me know if nothing happens when you click to enlarge.

Or

Your image viewer pops up. (When you click to Enlarge a "some" viewer should pop up.)

If your viewer pops up what image reader is it? If it is like Dell's Image reader it is a size % setting in that program. Many times when someone installs a new paint program or vector program or image viewer that program, by its own default, will overide all other programs and become the default viewer.

If you are not using windows viewer and would like to, it is easy to change back. (If you have to change back this does not disable your installed paint-vector-image-program. That program will still be able to read images when you run it.)
1.) Right click on any image.
2.) Select the option "Open With" -- it maybe worded differently depending upon your version of Windows.
3.) Select the next option: "Choose a Program."
4.) When that next box pops up  pick the viewer you want. (Either Window'a viewer or Internet Explore will work.)
5.) At the bottom of that box place a <b>check</b> in the option "Always use the selection program to open this type of image."
6.) Click on "Ok."

I tested this program on 4 systems here before I uploaded that data. It works well using Windows Default Viewer or Internet Explorer.

On my wife's system hers is a Dell viewer and to see the enlarge picture when it opens you had to increase it's size.  It's default viewing is less than 50% of the true image size.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

manxman

Hi Olds,

When I (left) click to enlarge, the picture becomes surrounded by a box with markers at the 4 corners and halfway down the four sides. (??viewer)[:I][:I]

If I place the cursor on the markers it allows me to extend the size of the box but on releasing the cursor the picture retains it's original size.

If I right click on the image I get three options:

Save image as
Copy
Select All.

None of these seem applicable to the problem.

I have quite recently installed Photoshop Elements as photography is another hobby but until recently I had a 35mm SLR, only recently moved on to digital!

I am on a pretty steep learning curve at the moment!!Could this have overridden a Windows default setting??

Manxman.
Manxman

manxman

Hi again Olds,

For some reason all the images behave the same as I described in my previous post except Food Poisoning Part 2 when I do get a image viewer, I understand what you are describing now.

Maybe this information is of help?

Manxman.
Manxman

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">When I (left) click to enlarge, the picture becomes surrounded by a box with markers at the 4 corners and halfway down the four sides....

If I place the cursor on the markers it allows me to extend the size of the box but on releasing the cursor the picture retains it's original size.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

In the reader the box on a picture can be grabbed and moved but as you just found out that when you release it the picture retains its original size.  In "Notes," the program this data base was created with, when you do that it will increase (re-size) the foot-print of the image.

Now I'm sorry I did not make it clearer as to how to change your default viewer. When I said to right click on any image I was not referring to one in any program. Those images are already being viewed via that program.

Not knowing what images you have on your hard drive let's use the ones I know that came with this download.

GO TO THIS FOLDER--PATH: <b>C:Program FilesGoldenSection ReaderImages</b> This is the folder that contains all of the full size images that came with the download. Open it up and then right click on anyone of those images. Now set the default as I discribe before.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Could this have overridden a Windows default setting??
........ Food Poisoning Part 2 when I do get a image viewer<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> I have Elements and it can be set to overide your default viewer. However it asks or offers the option first when you are installing it. But I don't think that is the case because if any image is clicked and if Elements is your defaut it will launch and open up.

I just about bet the problem from what you posted is your viewer. Just to make sure that the download was not corrupt I removed everything from our two systems and then download the data base. It works just like it is suppose to.

Again I have to ask, when you click on the images does a new window pop up? If so. <i>then what viewer is it? </i>If nothing  pops up other than the one with Food Poisoning Part 2 then try double clicking real fast. There is a setting in Windows itself that adjust how fast or how slow you have to click in order to open up an item etc..

What verison of windows are you running?

Please advise [^]

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Kummok

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by JJC</i>
<br />Kudos on top of kudos to Olds and nsxbill!
.....We've lost more than one rug or piece of furniture to old cats we've had, but it's a small price to pay . . .
John
Newton MA

I'm right there with you on the cats, John.....er, ah, at least, sorta.....I mean, I've lost more than one cat to rugs and furniture...isn't that the same thing?!?!?[;)][;)][}:)][:D][:D]

Actually, I get TOO much fun outta joking about my love/hate relationship with my wife's cat, but in reality, here's a little story that reflects quite well how I feel about dogs n' cats.[8D]

&gt;&lt;//&gt;   &gt;&lt;//&gt;   &gt;&lt;//&gt;   &gt;&lt;//&gt;   &gt;&lt;//&gt;   &gt;&lt;//&gt;   &gt;&lt;//&gt;   &gt;&lt;//&gt;   &gt;&lt;//&gt;

A man and his dog were walking along a road. The man was enjoying the scenery, when it suddenly occurred to him that he was dead.

He remembered dying, and that the dog walking beside him had been dead for years. He wondered where the road was leading them.

After a while, they came to a high, white stone wall along one side of the road. It looked like fine marble. At the top of a long hill, it was broken by a tall arch that glowed in the sunlight.

When he was standing before it he saw a magnificent gate in the arch that looked like mother-of-pearl, and the street that led to the gate looked like pure gold. He and the dog walked toward the gate, and as he got closer, he saw a man at a desk to one side.
When he was close enough, he called out, "Excuse me, where are we?"

"This is Heaven, sir," the man answered.

"Wow! Would you happen to have some water?" the man asked.

"Of course, sir. Come right in, and I'll have some ice water brought right up."

The man gestured, and the gate began to open.

"Can my friend," gesturing toward his dog, "come in, too?" the traveler asked.

"I'm sorry, sir, but we don't accept pets."

The man thought a moment and then turned back toward the road and continued the way he had been going with his dog.

After another long walk, and at the top of another long hill, he came to a dirt road leading through a farm gate that looked as if it had never been closed. There was no fence.

As he approached the gate, he saw a man inside, leaning against a tree and reading a book.

"Excuse me!" he called to the man. "Do you have any water?"

"Yeah, sure, there's a pump over there, come on in."

"How about my friend here?" the traveler gestured to the dog.

"There should be a bowl by the pump."

They went through the gate, and sure enough, there was an old-fashioned hand pump with a bowl beside it.

The traveler filled the water bowl and took a long drink himself, then he gave some to the dog.

When they were full, he and the dog walked back toward the man who was standing by the tree.

"What do you call this place?" the traveler asked.

"This is Heaven," he answered.

"Well, that's confusing," the traveler said. "The man down the road said that was Heaven, too."

"Oh, you mean the place with the gold street and pearly gates? Nope. That's hell."

"Doesn't it make you mad for them to use your name like that?"

"No, we're just happy that they screen out the folks who would leave their best friends behind."

35 years of extinguishing smoking stuff and now I'm wondering WHY!
Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

Oldman

Heard this one before, but it is good one to revisit.

Here is one for ya:

<hr noshade size="1"><hr noshade size="1">Years back I use to be a Free Methodist and at that time I heard this story.<hr noshade size="1"><hr noshade size="1">

This Free Methodist dies, and at the train station he gets on the wrong train. He ends up at the gates of Hell.

When he gets there the gate keeper of Hell looks up his name and says to him, Boy you got on the wrong train. This is Hell and you should be in Heaven. The next train back up leaves in an hour.

During that time this Free Methodist asked the gate keeper of Hell, "Say do you have any Baptist here?" And the keeper replied, "Oh yes we got a lots of them here." "Do you have any Methodist here?" "Yep we got lots of them as well."  "What about Roman Catholics? You have any of them here?" Again the answer was, "Yep lots of them too"?  At that point the Free Methodist went down the list of every religion he had ever heard of. The answer was always the same. "Yep got lots of them as well."  At last he asked, "Do you have any Free Methodist here?" "Oh ya lots of them as well."

About that time this now very shaken Free Methodist see the train pull into the station. He quickly boards it. When he gets to heaven he ask good Ole Saint Peter all of the same questions he asked the gate keeper of Hell.  Only this time the answer was different. Saint Peter replied to each question by saying, "No my son. We have none of those here." At last the Free Methodist asked if there were any Free Methodist in Heaven. Saint Peter again replied "No."

Now this really shook up the man. Saint Peter seeing that the man was upset asked him why he was so spooked! The man replied, "Because you have said that none of these people are here including Free Methodist. Just who is here Saint Peter?"

Saint Peter smiled and replied, "Why....my son we only have Christians here..."

Olds

JJC

One of my favorite cat/dog jokes goes like this:

When a dog's owner comes home and feeds him, scratches and pets him, and plays with him, the dog looks up at his owner and thinks "Wow, my owner must be a god!"

When a cat's owner comes home and feeds him, scratches and pets him, and plays with him, the cat looks up at his owner and thinks, "Wow, I must be a god!"

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
I'm right there with you on the cats, John.....er, ah, at least, sorta.....I mean, I've lost more than one cat to rugs and furniture...isn't that the same thing?!?!?[;)][;)][}:)][:D][:D]

I know exactly what you mean, Kummock--we probably just disagree on the timing [:D][;)][:D]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

manxman

Hi Olds,

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Again I have to ask, when you click on the images does a new window pop up? If so. then what viewer is it? If nothing pops up other than the one with Food Poisoning Part 2 then try double clicking real fast. There is a setting in Windows itself that adjust how fast or how slow you have to click in order to open up an item etc..

What verison of windows are you running?

Please advise <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

When I click on the images no new window pops up apart from FP part 2 and I have tried varying my double click speed with no luck. Not sure why Food Poisoning Part 2 images should be different to the other ones?

I am using Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 2.

Will try again this evening following the instructions you gave, I am sure this will resolve the issue.

Thanks Raye.[:D]

Manxman.
Manxman

Oldman

Ok when you place the mouse pointer over it does it change from a pointer to a hand with a finger pointing up on the pictures that will not enlarge?

Seeing how some images open for you I'm thinking that the download may have gotten corrupt during the process.

I did not supply an uninstaller as what we are install is not a program. You will neede to delete these manually. You need to go to:

C:Program FilesGoldenSection Reader

and manually remove these two items:

A folder named: Images
A file named: Recipes From The Bradley Smoker Forums_v1.gso

Next make sure to also delete your original download installer. Now re-download the data-base and re-install it.

I've seen gamings mods become corrupt in a download before--so this possible -- furthmore I've have had some connection problem with that server as of late and if that happened during the download it would corrupt your copy.  

That fact that you have XP and can open some images tells me there is a good chance there is corrupt file somewhere. I just check again and every image enlarges when I click on them.

Olds

manxman

Hi Olds,

No. I don't get a hand in place of the cursor.

I will try and fix the problem first following the instuctions you posted, if I have no luck I will delete and re-instal as you suggest.

I will then post back and let you know how I got on in case anyone else has a similar issue. At least the images are not the most critical bit and the recipes themselves are fine![:p]

Thanks once again.[^]

Manxman.
Manxman

Oldman

HCT

Olds, when was the last entry yo made. I down loaded this a few days ago. Should I start over.
By the way, thanks for a job well done. Much appreciated.

Mickey
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Oldman

Mickey

If you have downloaded the recipes they should work. I have not changed the version. I cannot find a problem with it on my end. I've even had non-smokin' friends download it and it works.

Do you have a problem?

I'm not going to do the next version for another 6 months at least. There are several recipes to add, and a couple large projects to finish that need to be added. Plus there are some corrections to this first one I want to make.

Thank you for the kind words and I sure I speak for the whole team that worked on creating  the recipe site--Thank You!

Olds

manxman

Hi Olds,

Deleted everything from my computer and downloaded it all again, works fine now.

Thanks for your advice.[;)]

Manxman.
Manxman