Download The Members Recipes Project Is Finished.

Started by Oldman, June 08, 2005, 05:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by manxman</i>
<br />Hi Olds,

Deleted everything from my computer and downloaded it all again, works fine now.

Thanks for your advice.[;)]
Manxman.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Glad it works... I kind of figured it was a bad download...
BTW I have not forgotten the beans... I will see what I can work up this week.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

pkadare

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Oldman</i>
<br />
Get it here: <b>The Bradley Members Recipes</b>
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Hi Oldman,
I'm having no luck at all getting this installed. I've tried on several different systems here so far and the results are exactly the same on all systems. I've tried on Windows XP Tablet Edition SP2, Windows XP Professional SP2, and Windows Server 2003 SP1.
When installing the GoldenReader application, the install faults when it gets to the GSReader.GSO file. At that point, I can restart the install and it appears to complete and I can then run the application. When I try to run Recipes_v1.exe it faults immediately.
AS I said, I've tried this on 3 different OS' and on several different hardware platforms with exactly the same results. Any suggestions?

http://www.identit.ca/blogs/paul/
"The English language, complete with irony, satire, and sarcasm, has
survived for centuries without smileys. Only the new crop of modern computer geeks finds it impossible to detect a joke that is not clearly labeled as such."
Ray Shea

goalieboy29

Hey Olds,

Thanks a heap for all the work you did on the recipe collection. Downloaded the reader and collection no probs.

Now, I just need help making up my mind which to try first...

Cheers to ya,

goalieboy29

It's the wood that makes it good...
It's the wood that makes it good.

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Hi Oldman,
I'm having no luck at all getting this installed. I've tried on several different systems here so far and the results are exactly the same on all systems. I've tried on Windows XP Tablet Edition SP2, Windows XP Professional SP2, and Windows Server 2003 SP1.
When installing the GoldenReader application, the install faults when it gets to the GSReader.GSO file. At that point, I can restart the install and it appears to complete and I can then run the application. When I try to run Recipes_v1.exe it faults immediately.
AS I said, I've tried this on 3 different OS' and on several different hardware platforms with exactly the same results. Any suggestions?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

<b>Windows XP Tablet Edition SP2</b>
I don't believe this platform is supported yet.
<b>Windows Server 2003 SP1.</b>
This platform is not supported as I understand it.
<b>Windows XP Professional SP2</b>
This platform is supported.
<b>When I try to run Recipes_v1.exe it faults immediately.</b>
I don't understand what you are saying here.

On your XP box have you completely uninstalled the reader? If not then do so. Trash out both of the downloads from your system. Reboot your system. Then go download both installers again.

Frankly I'm not happy with my current hosting service. I've been moved now from the gs3 server up to the gs10 server and today the whole shebang was not running smoothly for two hours.

My webmaster and myself are looking for a new hosting service. I just about bet the data base when you down it got corrupted do to all of the various problems I have had with them as of late.

Its not like I'm paying on the cheap either.

Sorry for your troubles and I will subscribe to this topic so I can keep a look out for your reply.

EDIT I just check and these are the platforms supported: Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!