• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Need Help

Started by bundy, July 05, 2010, 04:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bundy

Hi Folks, Going to be smoking a brisket and pork loin 4 days before the feed. Any ideas on how to warm up the meat of what is the best way to do that? Company coming over but I need to go on a fishing trip and won't be home until the night before.
Thanks

hal4uk

I'd probably use foil pans, and cover with foil --- to keep the moisture in - then heat it up slowly inside the smoker, or house oven, whatever...
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

classicrockgriller

When you FTC the Brisket and it cools down, just leave it in the foil and fridge it for 4 days.

Then you can re-warm in the foil or do like hal said a foil pan.

You could add some apple juice or beef broth to the liquids from the FTC foil.

bundy

Thanks, do you think I should under cook it a little, and then bring it back to 180*-190*??

classicrockgriller

Quote from: bundy on July 05, 2010, 05:14:58 PM
Thanks, do you think I should under cook it a little, and then bring it back to 180*-190*??

Since it is gonna stay in fridge for 4 days, I'm in favor of an cooking it to almost the it you want and a low slow rewarm.

Oven on like 200 to 210.

Remeber FTC will raise the temp of the brisket 5 to 8 *'s depending on how large the brisket is.

You should start thinging about fridging it when the FTC temp drops close to 140.

Habanero Smoker

I prefer to use a higher heat for reheating. I generally will reheat at 350°F, and use the pan/tightly foiled method. I personally don't see any advantage is rewarming low & slow. If the meat is full cooked, or cooked until a few degrees below "doneness", their is no concern for the need for collagen to break down.

As for pork loins, if you are going to reheat, I would only cook them up to 140°F. I've always had problems reheating unsliced pork loins, they will dry out so I generally will make a special sauce for the loins, slice them and reheat in the sauce.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)