100th Birthday Pork Shoulders

Started by Mr B, July 20, 2010, 10:28:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr B

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had a big Family get together for my Grandmothers 100th Birthday on Sunday.
I was in charge of the "Smoke" for 21 people.

Yup, you guessed it....Pork Shoulders.

(2) 7 lb Boneless Shoulders from CostCo.

This is 22 hours after the "Rub of Love"

14 hours later w/ I.T. of 200*

Ready to be wrapped up for 2 Hrs of the F.T.C. method

It pulled like a dream and tasted even better. Killer Bark. Sorry, no after pics. They came out super blurry.

After pulling and saucing I baked up 3 dozen of these suckers. Peanut butter Chocolate Chip

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

squirtthecat

classicrockgriller

Happy Birthday Grandmother! 100 years old. WOW!

The Butts look like $$.

Nice Bark.

Did you try some pulled pork in between two of the cookies?

Send me some amples and I'll try it for ya.

Great job and thanks for the pics.

TestRocket

You got an IT of 200 after 14 hours? What temp were you cooking at and on what shelf? I just did one butt about that size and it took 23 hours get have an IT of 190. I was cooking at 210 degs and on the second shelf from the top.

Those look good and Happy Birthday Grandma!

Mr B

Quote from: TestRocket on July 20, 2010, 10:59:22 AM
You got an IT of 200 after 14 hours? What temp were you cooking at and on what shelf? I just did one butt about that size and it took 23 hours get have an IT of 190. I was cooking at 210 degs and on the second shelf from the top.

Those look good and Happy Birthday Grandma!

Thats exactly what and where i did it too.
2nd shelf down from the top. 
210* Cabinet temp. 
Dont know how cold it is where you are but it did actually dip down to the 50's that night too.  Smoked from 5:30pm to 7:30am.
I use a foil wrapped Fire Brick in the bottom of the cabinet to hold heat and help raise the temp back up after opening the door.

TestRocket

Wow! Is yours an OBS or BDS, single or dual element and do you control with a PID? I've read that every butt will get done on it's own time and this just shows it! Thanks!

PS I'm in N. Alabama and it's hot!

Mr B

OBS. Single element. No PID.  Just keep an eye on my Door Temp probe (which is accurate) and a wireless, digital temp probe in the meat.

OldHickory

Nice job Mr B, those Butts look good, start to finish.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

Habanero Smoker

Happy birthday to your Grandmother. I can't imagine all the history she has experienced. From horse and buggy to space travel; photographs to 3-D movies. Wow!

Your pulled pork looks good.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Uncle Pigfat

Happy birthday, g-ma.  With the amount of red meat and pork we all enjoy I doubt any of us will be seeing a full century.

Nice butts.  I just ate one this past weekend and this has me craving more.

I think CRG has the right idea.  A sandwich made out of peanut butter/choco chip cookies and pulled pork (2 of my absolute favorites) can't be bad, right?  Wash it down with a Shiner Bock or Bell's Oberon and it's the best summer meal ever.