Hot Smoking Salmon questions

Started by weathermanx2005, August 07, 2010, 09:36:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weathermanx2005

Hey everybody :)

Been searching on the forums and internet for "how to hot smoke" a salmon in 2 hours..is it possible, feasible??

Quarlow

What do you have for smoking with?
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

weathermanx2005

I have the Bradley D4rack...using alder chips if I understand your question right?

Let me clarify as well..i plan on using 2 cedar boards...one for the Salmon fillet and one for a pound of shrimp

So I guess I'm asking what would be the correct temp to smoke this at and for how long? Thanks for all the help fellas :)

KyNola

Not totally convinced you can hot smoke a salmon filet in 2 hours.  Depends on what temp you're going to smoke but the shrimp will be way done in 2 hours.

Habanero Smoker

You probably could at 225°F - 250°F depending on the size of the fillets, but you will get the "white blobs", but a paper towel will remove it from the surface of the meat. I'm not sure if the Bradley will get hot enough for the cedar planks to have any effect, and since wood insulates that will increase your cooking time.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

DTAggie

No need to use the planks with a Bradley.  I only use them when I cook on my Weber.  You could get them done in 2 hrs but why rush?