two butts at once.

Started by waterkc, October 11, 2010, 07:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

waterkc

So I was so happy with the one we did last week I decided to run two for my daughters 5th B-Day Party at the house. Logic was to feed the 8 kids and there family's with some quality smoked meat.  ;D So I put them in on Saturday at 11:30am and pulled them at 04:30am on Sunday Morning at 192°. Wife baby sat them while I was at the brewery working Saturday. Came home swapped the water pan, and let it roll. Again with five hours 50/50 of Oak and Hickory. I found my new luv for wood combo's.

Did them both with Bad Byrons Butt Rub. Hit one with the home made peper mustard slather and the other was done in CT. The CT is a bit salty, but not bad. Mental note, 16lbs finished product for a crowed of 16 people, umm well just way to much meat.  ??? Not to fear the food saver came in handy yeah baby! Which honestly was the goal to have some left over for us. hehe

Lots of positive comments for sure. Man I luv this smoker. I think I am going to smoke some chickens next.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and loose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln."

FLBentRider

Sounds like a good time.

In my world no leftovers = failure to plan.  ;D
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

GusRobin

Don't you love when it all comes together --and you have left overs.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

squirtthecat

Quotehome made peper mustard slather

Do tell?!

classicrockgriller

Did anyone tell you ...... We love pics.

Try this link to get your pictures going.
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showpost.php?p=768&postcount=11

Sounds like a good time was had by all.

SoCalBuilder

Waterkc - Can I ask what temp you cooked these at? I did my first Butt this weekend, actually half a butt @ about 4 lbs. 4 hours of smoke and a total time of about 10 hours. I pulled it at 175 degrees and FTC'd for about two hours. I think it may have pulled easier if I had taken the IT to a higher temp. Still well done and juicy. I also used the Butt Rub....Great bark ;D

Thanks

Tenpoint5

Quote from: SoCalBuilder on October 11, 2010, 08:41:18 AM
Waterkc - Can I ask what temp you cooked these at? I did my first Butt this weekend, actually half a butt @ about 4 lbs. 4 hours of smoke and a total time of about 10 hours. I pulled it at 175 degrees and FTC'd for about two hours. I think it may have pulled easier if I had taken the IT to a higher temp. Still well done and juicy. I also used the Butt Rub....Great bark ;D

Thanks
SoCal 185 is the LOW end of where most start to pull most use the 195-200 range.

Waterkc I am with FLB on this one. No leftovers equals bad planning on my part!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!