• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Tailgate Warriors on Food Network -- Bradley Digital on the TV!

Started by JYoung, October 15, 2010, 08:52:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JYoung

Hi my name is Jeremy and Ive been a Bradley addict since I got the digi-4rack last December  ;D

Back in August my wife and I, along with 2 friends competed in a cooking show called Tailgate Warriors hosted by Guy Fieri.  We represented the Seattle Seahawks and faced off against a team of 4 that represented the Green Bay Packers; during the one hour competition each team had to complete 6 servings of 6 different dishes (2 apps, 1 main, 2 sides, 1 dessert).

The reason I'm posting here is being the Bradley addict that I am I had to bring my smoker down to use on our main dish of cedar plank salmon.  Of course an hour is not enough time to fully smoke a salmon so the Bradley was used to add some flavor to the fish before it hit the grill on the planks.

The show airs next week on Wednesday October 20th on the Food Network; it should be on at 10pm, but check your local listings...

Come check out pics on our team site, and give our facebook page a 'like' if you can!  If you live in the Seattle area we are holding a viewing party at a nearby winery; check our site for the details if you are interested.

www.seattleblue22.com

After the event was over Guy gave my smoker some new cover art.

Hope you can watch the show and hope the Bradley gets some good camera time!

Jeremy

SouthernSmoked

Awesome... will be tuned in to FoodNetwork on that day.

Thanks for the heads up!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

KyNola

Awesome Jeremy!  Thanks for the heads up about the show.  That had to be a blast.

Last December I went to one of Guy's cooking concerts.  That has to be the craziest thing I have ever seen.  Would definitely go again.

JYoung

The amount of fun we had was off the charts.

Guy was a great person to work with as well; very personable making the experience even better.

KyNola, they also did an episode of TGW with the Saints vs Vikings at the Superdome; not sure when that one is airing I think its 2 weeks after our episode.

We also have a chance to go down for the fan favorite show if we are chosen -- that one tapes on Novemeber 21st in San Francisco.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: JYoung on October 15, 2010, 10:06:41 AM
The amount of fun we had was off the charts.

Guy was a great person to work with as well; very personable making the experience even better.

KyNola, they also did an episode of TGW with the Saints vs Vikings at the Superdome; not sure when that one is airing I think its 2 weeks after our episode.

We also have a chance to go down for the fan favorite show if we are chosen -- that one tapes on Novemeber 21st in San Francisco.

Guessing from that one that you didn't win this round! ;D Welcome Aboard nice to see you posting and not lurking anymore.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

JYoung

Actually we don't know if we won or not -- they made us tape an ending where we win and one where Green Bay won -- so we will find out when you do when the show airs!

They did 3 cities:

Green Bay v Seattle
San Fran v Oakland
Minnesota v New Orleans

All teams are eligible, win or lose, to compete again in the fan favorite show in SF in Novemeber; not sure how they are selecting the teams yet, could be a fan vote or a point total thing.

GusRobin

good luck -let us know if we need to go vote for you somewhere
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

JYoung

Thanks Gus; if they do some kind of voting im sure they'll announce it during the show but if I hear anything about different Ill circle back.

KyNola

I'm thinking the SaintsNation would know how to tailgate pretty darn well.  Thanks for the info Jeremy.

TestRocket

Hello JYoung,

Around my house we love watching Guy's shows and we will differently be watching next Wed night. Congrats for getting on the show and "Good Luck" too!

Habanero Smoker

Hi Jeremy;

Welcome to the forum.

That sounds like a blast. Good luck!

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

SouthernSmoked

Directv- Wed 10/20 10:00pm channel 231

DVR set just in case I miss it.
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

BuyLowSellHigh

Just caught up with the show -- Congrats Team Blue 22!  You guys really rocked.  That looked like a nail biter down to the finish.  All very impressive.  Great teamwork and can Tanya ever lead a team.

But, where was the bacon ?     :D

I suspect some decent food service gloves are now part of the kit.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

Toker

Does it air in Food Network Canada? I did check the schedule but i did not seen it.

KyNola

Saw the show Jeremy!  Nice job.  Looks like all of you guys and gals had a blast.  Good luck in the competition.