• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Cabela's Smoking Bisquettes

Started by Smokechop, October 24, 2010, 10:15:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokechop

Can I use the Cabela's bisquettes in the Original Bradley Smoker? I sure hope so since the store clerk told me they are the same (both made by Bradley) and the only difference was the price. I bought a 120 pack of the Pepper Rosemary and Thyme. I'm very new to smoking and this is my first unit ever. I bought it yesterday on sale and used two store gift cards. Sale price $239.99 minus $70.00 for a total purchase of $169.99 which I felt was worth the drive to the Hamburg PA store approximately 2.5 hours away. I am about to season the unit and I wanted to know if the clerk told me the truth and I'm not going to hurt the smoker using these bisquettes. If anyone knows of a good cook book on smoking meats that gives time and temps to go by I would like to know. How is Bradley's cook book? I'm looking foreward to my first deer hind quarter rost in the smoker. Hope you all can help with these questions.
                                                                                                               Mark

classicrockgriller

Those are NEW and was brought up in another thread and they will work.

That is a great price on the smoker also.

Congrats and welcome to the Forum.

The Bradley cook book is not correct sometimes when it says to close the vent.

pensrock

Made by Bradley for Cabelas. Where do you live? I'm about three hours away from Cabelas in Hamburg.

Smokechop

I'm from Pennsville NJ but built a home in Middletown Delaware 19 years ago. Where are you from?

pensrock

Ok, I thought maybe you were in PA, I live in central PA.

elweezo

Cant find em at cabelas.com    sigh...   
I thought I had something intersting to put here but then I thought again

bears fan

I'm intrigued by the bisquettes you are talking about.  How much did they cost.  I have not heard of those flavors, so interested in what else they offer.

NePaSmoKer

They make the 120 pack of pepper/rosemary/thyme?

When i was there they only had the regular 48 pack

bears fan

How come they are not online at Cabelas?

dman4505

I believe they're not on the website yet because they are new
I used them for a 6lb. pork loin that I cut in half last week and they tasted wonderful
One half I seasoned with just salt and pepper, the other with Roasted Garlic & Beer season.

Don
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."

The Man's Prayer: I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

mow_delon

are they cheaper than regular Bradley pucks?

Smokechop

They are only $5 cheaper in the store and only the one flavor. Check out ManVenture Outpost for the best price I have found as stated by another poster.                  Mark

bears fan

Well I didn't see the cabela's brand bisquettes on the manventureoutpost.com website; however, I did find the bradley bisquettes and they are on sale for the cheapest I have ever seen them.  A pack of 120 for $24.69!  I'm going to have to hook myself up with some of them for that price!

lonuff

The pepper Rosemary and Tyhme is the new flavor. It is more for for wild game. Not god for Beef or pork. Hope this helps..

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: lonuff on November 08, 2010, 01:54:18 PM
The pepper Rosemary and Tyhme is the new flavor. It is more for for wild game. Not god for Beef or pork. Hope this helps..

Those flavors seem like they would work with all meats.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)