2011 Forum Members Christmas Exchange "I GOT IT!!" Gift Sharing Thread

Started by Tenpoint5, November 23, 2010, 01:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seemore

A heartfelt thanks to you, FLB! 
Have been home from work, but had to finish up Christmas shopping, get dinner made, throw a load of towels in the wash, and then do dishes after dinner.
So, long story short, just getting on the Forum, and saw Chris' note that you were our Santa this year.
We are both looking forward to sampling that grapefruit tomorrow.
It was nice to have a bit of warmth from the Sunshine State on a cold day like today!
Mrs (Mr too)

jiggerjams

Well I guess it is my turn to share my experience. It started out this morning that I had to take my son to physiotherapy so I booked the time off work. Being as I live around the corner from the facility I decided to say "See ya, Catcha later" as I can go home and get things ready for the weekend.

That didn't happen so much. I got home and not 10 minutes after ther was a door bell ring. I damn near sh^t my pants!!For those of you that frequent the sight you may now that I recently became a recipient of the bread starter and the obsticles faced in order to make it happen... you know like having bomb potential if not treated right. I appoached the window as stealth as I could. I took a peak and  felt immediate releif it;s the post man and he has a box!!What a relief. But what could it be?

K Cups? no way, I  was smarter than that and knew two K cups could not fit in there. That is when reality set in....it must be a "Fatty Patty" This is the name my son and his friends attached to an inflatable.

Neadless to say I approached the box with caution at this point.I did not want to rip, tear, or scratch my assumed gag gift. I gently sliced some scissors across the seam if the box and that is when I knew how wrong I was.

Welcome to the second stage of Bavind's gift to me. A pure rush of scent seduction I have not witnessed before when opening anything. This is what I smelt.

I got true warmth form one of the coldest cities of  Canada, Calgary. Enter David's 30hr smoked hickory smoked salt. This stuff is totally awesome

Bavind Thank you so such for everything,

JJ

SouthernSmoked

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

Tenpoint5

I have to ask is that a typo? 30 hours of smoke on salt??? Or is it 3 hours of smoke on some salt?
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Bavind

nope its 24 to 30 hours of hickory smoke ;D  depending on when i wake up the next morning   Develops an amazing flavour

GusRobin

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

jiggerjams

The amazing flavor has been "Justified". Not over powering it is just right. I wouldn't change a thing.
Thanks for the comments SS I appreciate it. It was a fun write.

pikeman_95

I did get it.
I just didn't know where to post a heart felt thank you. It was great to get so many flavors from one of our members. Thank you squirtthecat for all you did. This is going to go on some of the venison that I got this year. I already have next years gift purchased.
See you next year.

Kirby

Tenpoint5

That is a nice selection of flavors. Wait until you try the Soileaus that is some seriously good stuff!

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

DTAggie

Pike, you are going to LOVEEEEEE the Starnes on some butt.  STC along with Hal4UK sent me a few weeks back and I did a couple of butts last weekend.  Dang is it good.  It has a great kick to it.  Makes my bald head sweat!

pikeman_95

I am looking forward to it. I have a nice break coming from work and should get some more hunting in and possibly a little sausage making.

kirby

Tenpoint5

We just have a few more gifts to arrive at their destination and this will will go in the books

Tenpoint5

I am refreshing my lists and I have the following that have not received their gift as of yet or have not made a post stating that they have received it with or without pictures. If I have missed a post and you have received your gift please let me know. Here's what I know about the remaining gifts:

Tenpoint5

Classsicrockgriller - Have Tracking number that says it needs to be posted

Mikeradio -

Camoghost - Gift is ordered and on back order but will be delivered before Dec 23rd

g - Gift was shipped late (8th) should be delivered and needs to be posted

huckabery3 - Believe the tracking number says it has been picked up and needs to be posted Received and not posted

Baby Hewi - Gift has been sent no tracking number should be there by now needs to be posted

Kynola - In route via Priority Mail

If you are the sender of the gift and have information about your gift. Please send me a PM so I can update my records and make sure all of the folks that sent gifts also receive gifts. Thanks I will update this this as I receive info.