• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Snack stix

Started by Keymaster, November 28, 2010, 08:53:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keymaster

Im using the Lem snack stix mix, after I bloom the stix, how long should a person wait until they consume the snack stix. I should have ask this question when I did my LandJaegars  ???

Tenpoint5

I usually have a taster gone before they are completely cooled. I would say after an overnight in the fridge should be good.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Keymaster

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on November 28, 2010, 09:09:57 AM
I usually have a taster gone before they are completely cooled. I would say after an overnight in the fridge should be good.
I was just concerned about the cure and it finishing doing its thing  ;D Thanks Tenpoint

NePaSmoKer

Like 10.5

My sticks bloom at room temp for a few hours then they are ready to eat. My neighbor like them while still warm.

The cure is working all the while while smoking, it does not have to sit to work and become affective. Now cure #2 is another story.

Keymaster

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on November 28, 2010, 09:45:06 AM
Like 10.5

My sticks bloom at room temp for a few hours then they are ready to eat. My neighbor like them while still warm.

The cure is working all the while while smoking, it does not have to sit to work and become affective. Now cure #2 is another story.

Thank you Nepas, I got a couple hours to go on the stix. I.T. is about 140° F and got to Take it up to 165° F per the instructions.

Keymaster

Heres the Pictures, 2 hours of Hickory smoke, 6 hours total in the smoker to reach 165° F. The Snack Stick that was Hanging really Low had about a inch of fat out on the tip, you can see in hanging in the middle on the bloomin rig. It was lots of fun!!!

First use of the Lem stuffer, It was awesome compared to my Grinder/Stuffer

Cut some stainless tubing off a down rod on a exit device on some double doors for hanging the sausage

This pic was right after the cold bath just before going to the garage for blooming

The the Blooming rig in the garage, wife said I cant hangem in the house

Sailor

Thumps up!  Looks like a winning smoke to me.  How do they taste?  If your wife likes them maybe she will let you hang them in the laundry room  :o

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

Keymaster

Quote from: Sailor on November 28, 2010, 12:54:03 PM
Thumps up!  Looks like a winning smoke to me.  How do they taste?  If your wife likes them maybe she will let you hang them in the laundry room  :o
They tasted real good but this was the first time I used Collagen casings, they were a bit chewier than natural hog casings. I did end up puting the snack stix in my oven to rest at room temperature for a couple hours after the chile 38 deg garage treatment   ;D

watchdog56

Looks good. BUt man that sure is a shiny smoker You got the hang of it now you need to get it dirty. I hope you seasoned the smoker otherwise you might get  a funny taste.

OU812

Thems some good lookin snack sticks but damn, I'm still kinda blind from lookin in your smoker.  ;D

RickWL63

OU, I was thinking the same thing.  Looks pretty clean.... :o  But I am sure before long he will have a smoker looking like the rest of ours...  ;D

Friar_Tuck

Those sticks look great.
I see now I am not gonna post pics of the inside of my old fridge smoker!
Mine has been used for years, and I would probably have the health department showing up  :o
jim

squirtthecat

Looks good, Keymaster.

Show 'em a pic of the insides of your Primo!

Keymaster

Thanks for the compliments guys. I like the Jabbs about the shiny smoker, I'll get them new boots scuffed up and dirty real fast  ;D

ronbeaux

Shiny smokers work just fine. That is my goal this week if my order comes in. To make me some snack sticks!

Yours look great!
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.