• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Pepperoni Stix

Started by NePaSmoKer, November 30, 2010, 07:10:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Doing 3 lbs of pepperoni stix for my wifes Christmas party next week.

Feeling lazy? Call Susan  :D

Tied and ready for a rest before hanging.

One hour later. Time to hang and smoke.

Friar_Tuck

Man, am I slow witted this morning ???
Spent a minute wondering who Susan was, and how she helped.
Now I will be spending the next few minutes hungering for some sticks!!
Thanks for the great idea,
Jim

ronbeaux

Question:

I'm doing all beef snack sticks today. UPS is gonna deliver my casing today. Should I mix up the meat and seasonings and let it sit in the fridge until tomorrow morning and then stuff, or do just wait until the casing gets here and stuff right away?
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: ronbeaux on November 30, 2010, 07:32:29 AM
Question:

I'm doing all beef snack sticks today. UPS is gonna deliver my casing today. Should I mix up the meat and seasonings and let it sit in the fridge until tomorrow morning and then stuff, or do just wait until the casing gets here and stuff right away?

Hey Ron

You can mix and wait but remember the mix will start to bind the meat thus making it hard (but not impossible) to stuff with the small tube. I would wait unless you have eaten your spinach today  :D

ronbeaux

NePaSmoKer

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

Hardly a stall at all  ;D

ronbeaux

I guess I'm gonna have to lift weights tonight. UPS tracking number said I'd get the casing today and they didn't show up. So now I got my snack stick mix in the fridge for the night. Any way to salvage it??

I was hoping they would come out at least half as good as yours!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: ronbeaux on November 30, 2010, 02:18:02 PM
I guess I'm gonna have to lift weights tonight. UPS tracking number said I'd get the casing today and they didn't show up. So now I got my snack stick mix in the fridge for the night. Any way to salvage it??

I was hoping they would come out at least half as good as yours!

Ron

Your mix will be fine, If you wanted you can even freeze it.

Keymaster

Those look Killer Nepas!!!! I have that lem snack stick seasoning, is it possible to add a spice to it to make it Pepperoni stick mix ?  ???

Sailor

Ron, if they get a little hard to stuff you can add just a bit of water to thin them out a bit.  Just don't add too much water.  As Rick said, freezing them will be just fine.  If your casings come in tomorrow you will be ready to stuff.  Good luck.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

NePaSmoKer

Gotta like wally at least for one thing.....Free paper bags by the ice cream to put your jerky and stix in  ;D

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Keymaster on November 30, 2010, 04:49:34 PM
Those look Killer Nepas!!!! I have that lem snack stick seasoning, is it possible to add a spice to it to make it Pepperoni stick mix ?  ???

You will have to add fennel & anise seed to the mix.

SoCalBuilder

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on November 30, 2010, 05:26:10 PM
Gotta like wally at least for one thing.....Free paper bags by the ice cream to put your jerky and stix in  ;D

"Don't need no stinking bags!" I'd just stand there and eat them ;D