Chocolate covered bacon

Started by Shasta bob, December 12, 2010, 09:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shasta bob

Looking for the topic of the chocolate covered bacon been thinking about this to long and wish to give it a try. please help ? what kind of chocolate?
2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Temp Test Intelligent Thermometer
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

iceman

I think Tenpoint can steer you in the right direction. He might see this post or you can drop him a PM.

KyNola

Shasta bob

looks like that will do it i purchased the chocolate, the bacon will be cooked later thanks guys.
2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Shasta bob on December 12, 2010, 02:06:40 PM
looks like that will do it i purchased the chocolate, the bacon will be cooked later thanks guys.

AHH PICTURES ARE REQUIRED!!! Not an Option
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Shasta bob

Well here it is not what i thought it would be. some samples were gone allready.                                    don't think it would go good with eggs over easy.Maybe if i try again we used the giradelli chocolate.
2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

Brisket Lover

Quote from: Shasta bob on December 12, 2010, 09:52:26 AM
Looking for the topic of the chocolate covered bacon been thinking about this to long and wish to give it a try. please help ? what kind of chocolate?
http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=19589.0

NePaSmoKer

Brisket Lover

Quote from: Shasta bob on December 12, 2010, 07:01:30 PM
Well here it is not what i thought it would be. some samples were gone allready.                                    don't think it would go good with eggs over easy.Maybe if i try again we used the giradelli chocolate.

Looks like a good treat!  Speaking of treat I used the steak seasoning you sent this morning when I made steak and eggs. It turned a cheap strip into a great piece of meat. Thanks again!

NePaSmoKer

I might add that the bacon i covered in chocolate was bacon jerky that was dehydrated in my 80L for many hours.

Shasta bob

Brisket lover i'm glad you like it this exchange was the tops i'm happy to say hi to my new friend and glad we can help each other.
2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner