• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Book recommendation: Cured; Lindy Wildsmith

Started by manxman, January 04, 2011, 06:16:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manxman

If you are interested in curing food using a variety of means including salted, spiced, dried, smoked, potted or pickled then I would recommend the book below. Not sure if it is available outside the UK?

It has a global flavour from the Mediteranean to Scandinavia, America to Japan and covers a wide variety of food from New York Pastrami to Sashimi, Liverwurst to Venison Jerky!  :)

The pictures that accompany the recipes are superb. The author uses and recommends the Bradley Smoker.

Best price I have seen in the UK is currently at amazon.co.uk

http://www.google.co.uk/url?q=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cured-Slow-Techniques-Flavouring-Vegetables/dp/1906417415&sa=U&ei=GRcjTZLVMIOohAfw_OG3Dg&ved=0CBAQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNEDbBIawwjvrtvT_FPQXqB_sC2cVw
Manxman

Tenpoint5

Is it written in English or in English??

Looks like a pretty good book.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

SouthernSmoked

Hey 10.5, I'm thinking maybe English!

Heck, I might be wrong - it may be in written in English, dang now I'm confused.

Ships from and sold by Amazon for 21.90.
http://www.amazon.com/Cured-Slow-techniques-flavoring-vegetables/dp/1440205124/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1294155701&sr=8-2

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

Tenpoint5

Quote from: SouthernSmoked on January 04, 2011, 07:46:34 AM
Hey 10.5, I'm thinking maybe English!

Heck, I might be wrong - it may be in written in English, dang now I'm confused.

Ours or Theirs?

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

SoCalBuilder

3rensho

Thanks Manx, looks like it's gonna be another addition to my book shelves.  Hope it's in your English.  After living here for so long an American speaking English sounds rather strange to me  ;D ;D
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

manxman

It is in English English as oppossed to American English if that makes sense!  ;) :D

If any translations are required I will try my best!!  :D
Manxman

squirtthecat

The one from Amazon.com seems to be a paperback version, and smaller than the hardcover version that Manx referred to.

I found an English English  :D copy on abebooks.com that ships free to the USofA.

http://www.abebooks.com/products/isbn/9781906417413

[edit]

And mine is on the way...    $34.28 including priority (?) shipping.

Thanks for the recommendation!

squirtthecat

She appears to be a Bradley fan as well...    An image from the 'look inside' feature on Amazon.com.

KyNola

Thanks for the link STC.  Just ordered mine as well.

Manx, thanks for the heads up on this book.  Looking forward to it.

Habanero Smoker

Manxman;

You have never stirred me wrong with your book recommendations. I've added this to my Buy List.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

iceman

Well Manx I ordered mine today as well. Hope I can figure the bit of English out  :D
Thanks for the info.  :)

manxman

Look forward to hearing what those who have ordered it think of this book.

I have just done the Swedish cold smoked loin of venison with dark rum... WOW!  :-)

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
Manxman

Tenpoint5

I will be looking to find this at the book store myself. I am sure I can muttle through the English!! ;D ;D

iceman

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on January 04, 2011, 01:13:41 PM
Manxman;

You have never stirred me wrong with your book recommendations. I've added this to my Buy List.

Is that proper Englisheoo Mikey?  :D ;D ;) Just funning wit ya. Long time no talk to buddy, how's things been. Drop me a PM when you get a chance.  :)