Ice Cream Bread

Started by TMB, January 09, 2011, 09:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TMB

Quote from: car54 on January 11, 2011, 09:52:58 AM
TMB,

What did it taste like and how is it the next day, if there is any left?

Brad
None left!!  LOL
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

rdevous

I made a pan of ice cream bread this morning.  I used self-rising flour and Ben & Jerry's Brownie Batter (Brownie Batter Ice Cream with a Rich Brownie Batter Swirl).  I sifted the flour.  I did not add sugar.....yes it needed it!!!  After I mixed it, I gave it about 20 seconds on high to incorporate air into it.  Baked it at 350 for 35 minutes.  The toothpick came out with batter on it at 30 minutes.  I let it cool for about 45 minutes and then cut me a square.  It was cakey rather then thick like a brownie.  More light chocolate taste rather then a devils food taste.  I would make it again WITH sugar added!!!

Ray

If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!

DADAKOTA

Wonder how a chocolate chip or chunk would be?

rdevous

Quote from: DADAKOTA on January 12, 2011, 08:56:55 PM
Wonder how a chocolate chip or chunk would be?

We await your detailed report!!!

Ray

TMB

Remember guys this is a bread not a cake so it's going to be heavy!  Taste is up to you.   

May need a Ice Cream bread cook off!

rdevous

I was curious if anyone had tasted the bread with sugar added and how much did you use...1/4 cup....1/3 cup....or more???

Ray

TMB

Quote from: rdevous on January 15, 2011, 12:30:26 PM

I was curious if anyone had tasted the bread with sugar added and how much did you use...1/4 cup....1/3 cup....or more???

Ray

The last bread I made (Rocky Road) I used 1/4 cup sugar, but Kimmie said I need to try 1/3 cup next go-around

schneep

The wife decided to make a batch of homemade bread today, she spent hours on hers.  I made some ice cream bread in about 40 minutes  :)

My two mini loves, butter pecan, and just so you know, I used 1/3 cup sugar and it was SUPER!!

My mini's next to the wifes
Retirement, Everyday's a Holiday, and every night's a Saturday night!!

TMB

The ice cream bread looks great and tell the wife hers looked great as well.  I tell you we need a cook off on the recipe to see what folks come up with.

Great job!

rdevous

I'm the editor for my Knights of Columbus Council.  I had a blank box in the February newsletter.....so I filled it with the recipe.    ::)

Ray

TMB

Quote from: rdevous on January 24, 2011, 12:08:34 PM

I'm the editor for my Knights of Columbus Council.  I had a blank box in the February newsletter.....so I filled it with the recipe.    ::)

Ray

Great, it's a recipe that needs to be shared! 

Jim O

Thought I'd give this a try but didn't have enough ice  cream,so I used 1/2 ice cream and 1/2 frozen yogurt.

Also added 1/3 cup of sugar.

Baked,removed from oven,let cool and tried a piece . GOOD STUFF !

Definitely do again !

Jim O
- smoking
-boating
- motorcycling
- how do I find time to sleep !

TMB

Quote from: Jim O on February 01, 2011, 01:05:12 PM
Thought I'd give this a try but didn't have enough ice  cream,so I used 1/2 ice cream and 1/2 frozen yogurt.

Also added 1/3 cup of sugar.

Baked,removed from oven,let cool and tried a piece . GOOD STUFF !

Definitely do again !

Jim O
NO pictures?   ???     You sure you made ice cream bread??   LOL   

I hope y'all enjoyed it.   ;D

Jim O

Went to the car to get the camera , got involved in something in the garage,and when I came back in.only the end and some crumbs were left . Damn mice !!

Jim O
- smoking
-boating
- motorcycling
- how do I find time to sleep !

TMB

Quote from: Jim O on February 01, 2011, 02:04:10 PM
Went to the car to get the camera , got involved in something in the garage,and when I came back in.only the end and some crumbs were left . Damn mice !!

Jim O
I had that problem as well, now the camera stays near my grills and one in the kitchen so I try no to miss a shot (it does happen though) As for the mice, you will have to take care of your own mice,   'cause mine ain't no problem no more   ;)