Ice Cream Bread

Started by TMB, January 09, 2011, 09:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TMB

While at the store on Saturday we ran into an old friend that knew I loved to cook and bake.  She told me about this recipe for Ice Cream Bread, I thought she lost her mind but this stuff really is good. Believe it or not it only has 2 ingredients ice cream and self raising flour.Here is the start of ice cream bread.

Next mix together after the ice cream is smooth like soft serve

Spoon out in your tins or pan

Bake 30 to 35 min's at 350 and here is the results

Look close you can see the pecans in the bread

Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

classicrockgriller

I'll be dang!

I have some pumpkin pie Blue Bell that I just might use for this.

That is just crazy ..... but it has all the stuff you need.

Thanks Tommy.

jiggerjams

This is so cool Tom thanks for sharing. Nice pics too. What is the ice cream to flour mix ratio?

TMB

Quote from: jiggerjams on January 09, 2011, 09:53:39 PM
This is so cool Tom thanks for sharing. Nice pics too. What is the ice cream to flour mix ratio?
Sorry forgot to say.   1 pint ice cream to 1 1/2 cup self rising flour.   Mix well after the ice cream has thawed somewhat sorta like soft serve but not melted

classicrockgriller

Quote from: TMB on January 09, 2011, 10:05:35 PM
Quote from: jiggerjams on January 09, 2011, 09:53:39 PM
Sorry forgot to say.   1 pint ice cream to 1 1/2 cup self rising flour.   Mix well after the ice cream has thawed somewhat sorta like soft serve but not melted

SWEET!

SouthernSmoked

Heck Yeah Tommy, sounds awesome!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

rdevous

Tom...I can't seem to see the pecans........ummm....could you send me about 8 or 9 to perform closer intense scientific inspections.  I promise to also perform the multiple favored coffee taste test to determine the optimal flavored coffee to ice cream bread muffin combination.  I realize that this will involve a vast amount of blood sweat and tears but I'll keep the volume turned down in the background while testing is in progress.  My lab coat, safety glasses and microfiber shoe covers are at the ready!!!

The things we do for our Forum family.

Ray

If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!

TestRocket

Looks and sounds good Tommy! Being stuck at home with the snow I may have to try that later today. Thanks!  ;D

iceman

Dang that is a must try Tom.  :P  :) Thanks for sharing.

smokeitall

Wow that is a great idea, will have to try that, I mean will have to get my wife to make it for me  :)
SIA

TMB

After eating it and thinking about the recipe I would add some sugar to it so it would be more like a coffee cake/bread.

It's very similar to banana nut bread but not as sweet

rdevous

Any suggestions on the sugar amount?

Ray

If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!

TMB

Quote from: rdevous on January 11, 2011, 09:36:24 AM

Any suggestions on the sugar amount?

Ray

Not really, but I would guess 1/4 cup to try first.  I don't want it real sweet just a little.   

I thought with the ice cream it would be very sweet but it wasn't.   It may also depend on the ice cream you use.   

car54

TMB,

What did it taste like and how is it the next day, if there is any left?

Brad

TestRocket

I made some ice cream bread to go along with a pot roast for dinner last night. The ice cream was Blue Bell natural vanilla bean and the only flour we only had was bread flour not self rising, but what the heck I wanted to see what would happen.

The ingredients:

The Ice Cream Bread:

Dinner is served:

The bread has a good sweet taste but is more on the heavy (dense) side! I'm thinking that may because of not having self rising flour. It was worth doing!  ;D