• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

My heart hurts!

Started by TestRocket, March 22, 2011, 04:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TestRocket

It's a sad, sad day for our family! Cory is no longer greeting us with a wagging tail when we come home. With almost 17 years of love and companionship Cory left us this morning and I hope she is bouncing around with a spring in her step again! She was a good dog and a great "old lady dog"! My heart hurts!!!

RIP

5/27/94 - 3/22/11

Wildcat

Sorry for your loss. Know the feeling well. Most dogs are better than many humans that I have known.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

wyoduke

I am so sorry to hear of your loss i just went threw the loss of my old girl this fall and i miss her daily
  :'(
1 OBS
1 BRINKMAN
1 ROYAL JOKE
1 Smoke Daddy
1 Brinkman smoker grill
1 Green Mountain Grill

Keymaster

Cory is in a better place, you were a responsible owner by giving her a long, good life :) Its hard, but don't say you wont get another like I did, two months later my mellow cat of 18 years was replaced with the complete opposite cat that is spastic and climbs the curtains and licks the mirror ;D I feel deeply for your loss!!!!

NePaSmoKer

So very sorry to hear TR

Prayers are with you and your family

Tiny Tim

I'm sorry to hear this TR.  She'll be waiting for you at the Rainbow bridge and greet you with the sloppiest of kisses when you arrive.

My furry ones and I will say a little prayer for you and your family tonight.

Quarlow

So sorry for your loss. I have gone threw it several times in my life so far. I think one of the blessing is that we live long enough to give lots of love to a number of great pets through out our lives. I cannot remember ever not having a dog or cat or bird or hamster. We had a raccoon for a number of years and man was life fun with him around. It will get easier, just remember the joy they brought you.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

GusRobin

As Tiny Tim said:

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... 

Author unknown...

Gus
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

beefmann

im sorry to hear of your  loss Testrocket  having lost a pet like yours it breaks our  hearts. my prayers are  with you , your family and  loving  pet

TMB

So sorry to hear TR, I know it's rough to lose a good friend.  When I lost Charger a few years back it just tore a hole in my heart that has never been filled.  Dogs have away of getting in your heart and never leaving.

Kimmie and I send our thought's and prayers to you and Jan. 
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

hal4uk

If you can't love a face like that, you just ain't right.
She looks like a charmer, TR.
Sorry for your loss.
Awrighten.

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

SouthernSmoked

So very sorry to hear TR
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

OldHickory

I am deeply sorry for your loss TR.  Words cannot always describe your hurt.  As you can probably tell, dogs have a deep seat in my heart.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

carnie1

So sorry to hear, My Casper sends condolences too

La Quinta

TR...my heart hurts for you...dogs are a blessing...so sorry to hear..it is hard I know. Be well..it will get better...