Author Topic: 15 TBE Soy Vay and Pinch of Sizzle All Purpose Rub Chicken Legs  (Read 2493 times)

Offline muebe

• Member Extraordinaire
  • Love the smell of smoke!
More Costco chicken legs. I did another 15 legs. 8 were marinated in the vacuum marinater with Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki and 7 were rubbed with Char-Broil's Pinch of Sizzle Rub. Then they spent 40 minutes in TBE on the leg racks. The Soy Vay legs were very tasty. I did get some burning on them due to the sugars in the Soy Vay and the infa-red energy from TBE ::) The All Purpose were very good as usual. I am almost out of the All Purpose Rub and will need to get some more ;) These leg racks are a must for anyone with a TBE or SRG. I could do 30 legs if I had another set!!!

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

Offline SoCalBuilder

Re: 15 TBE Soy Vay and Pinch of Sizzle All Purpose Rub Chicken Legs
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 09:20:44 am »
Those look might tasty. Just picked up some of the Soy Vay and look forward to trying it. What is the rectangular item on the bottom rack? Just nosey ;)

Offline OU812

• Member Extraordinaire
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 06:38:45 pm »
Not mutch of a leg kinda guy here, but ifin you keep puttin out good lookin eats like that I might havta go to the other side.  ;D

Those legies look grrrrrrrrrrrrreat.

Offline muebe

• Member Extraordinaire
  • Love the smell of smoke!
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 10:25:55 pm »
Those look might tasty. Just picked up some of the Soy Vay and look forward to trying it. What is the rectangular item on the bottom rack? Just nosey ;)

It is a block of hickory. It smolders giving a little bit of smoke as they cook ;D
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)