• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Beef and Butt

Started by DTAggie, April 29, 2011, 06:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DTAggie

After the ribs from my previous post came out, I threw in a 7 lb. flat and 9 lb butt.

Flat with Primo's Garlic Pepper.  I am really liking this rub.  Did some rib eyes the other night with Garlic Pepper topped with Rodak's Coffee Rub.  Holy Cow!  Hope the brisket is as good although did not use the coffee rub..

Butt with Jan's rub.  Every time I use Jan's rub I find myself pouring some in my hand to taste.  A great rub!!

Using 4:40 of hickory on these. 

devo

You sure had a busy day thats for sure

DTAggie

13 hrs over night and the brisket was 187* IT.  Into FTC for a few hours.

Sliced and ready for lunch.  The Primo's Garlic Pepper is outstanding on brisket.

Keymaster

That Brisket looks outstanding, Nice Job!!!! Do you have a Primo or just like there rub? I purchased some Mies from Marvin at Rodaks but have not got any Primo Rubs yet :)

DTAggie

Keymaster, I do not have a Primo.  When I was at Rodak's a few weeks back I tried the Primo's and decided I needed to get some and try it on a brisket.  It is awesome.  As I posted earlier, I love it on a steak topped off with his coffee rub.  Kids ask for that steak constantly now.  After lunch today, they will be asking for the brisket constantly.

After cleaning up lunch dished, the 9 lb Butt had just hit 203* IT.  Look at the bone falling out of this beauty.  Into FTC for dinner.

Keymaster

Wow, that bark looks killer, I have never been able to get a nice bark like that in the Bradley but I only tried once. I have a 8.5 pound butt I have going on the Primo I put in at 7 AM, I used that Blackberry bourbon recipe from the Bites & booze blog. I'll post pics later. Your lucky you can drive to Rodaks, I have to pay shipping and handling which is very reasonable. :)

DTAggie

The bark is most likely due to the sugar in Jan's rub.  If you have not tried, I highly suggest it.  You can find on the recipe site.  Rodak's is in Ft. Worth.  I am in Dallas.  Well worth the drive.

DTAggie

Final pics of the butt

Bone pulled right out.  Clean as a whistle.

All pulled.  Family and neighbors loved it.  I hit it hard with the Starnes!!

hal4uk

I'd hammer it!  Awrighten!
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

smoker pete

Now that's a killer combination.  It don't get no better than that ;) ;D

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

ghost9mm

Man!!! now thats killer...Butt and Brisket..thats some good looking bark on both..and great pictures too.
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

OU812

Yep, both of those piles of meat look GREAT.

That there Starnes is good on brisket too.  ;)

OldHickory

Looks great,nice pic's.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

DTAggie

Oh yeah Curt, beef gets hit with Starnes as well!

OU812

Quote from: DTAggie on May 02, 2011, 05:25:36 PM
Oh yeah Curt, beef gets hit with Starnes as well!

Gotta love it, just wish it was readily available here.