• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Hello to All

Started by Rolling, May 09, 2011, 05:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolling

Hello,
       My name is Bill and live in Pa. My wife (SANTA) purchased my OBS 4 rack smoker for Xmas about 3 years ago. I'm just now getting into reading the forums heavily and just want to say what great folks you all are out there with your great tips, recipes, rubs, and brine's. I've made several runs of smoked cheese (American,Swiss,sharp,cooper sharp,hot pepper jack, and Munster etc...) with great success with apple and cherry. I also smoked a few runs of fresh caught whole trout with great success with apple and cherry. I also did 2 boneless pork rolls which were awesome with mesquite. After reading the forums I now want to do pistachios, Boston butts again, and a brisket. I also harvested a whitetail and have a few steaks I would like to do jerky with. Any ideas what rub or brine and smoke? I'm not real experienced in the smoking field but for the most part the finished product comes pretty gooood.     
       Cheers Bill

KyNola

Welcome Bill.  If you're in PA your newest best friends should be NePaS and Pensrock.  They are both incredible smokers and live in your neck of the woods.

Rolling

Hello Kynola,
          What I've read of your replies to some questions that were asked you are a seasoned smoker yourself. I've took some of your tips and I'm going to apply them to some of my future smoking adventures.

ghost9mm

Hi Bill...and welcome to one of the best and most knowledgeable forums that I know about, do not be intimidated from asking what you may consider a silly or stupid question...there are some really knowledgeable people here that will be more then willing to help you out with just about any question you can come up with..like you have already stated, you already have great start..
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Quarlow

Hi Bill, welcome to the forum. Glad you finally showed yourself. We have alot of fun here and you can too.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

DarqMan

Thanks for sharing your smokes with us and welcome to the forum!
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

muebe

Welcome to the forum ;D
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

La Quinta

Welcome Rolling...glad to have a "seasoned" member with us!!! ;D

SouthernSmoked

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum...Enjoy!

http://www.susanminor.org

Remember we like pic's!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

wyoduke

Welcome Bill you found a great place to get your answers lots of great people on this site ;D
1 OBS
1 BRINKMAN
1 ROYAL JOKE
1 Smoke Daddy
1 Brinkman smoker grill
1 Green Mountain Grill

KyNola

Quote from: Rolling on May 09, 2011, 06:05:38 PM
  Hello Kynola,
          What I've read of your replies to some questions that were asked you are a seasoned smoker yourself. I've took some of your tips and I'm going to apply them to some of my future smoking adventures.
Thanks Bill but everything I know I've pretty much learned from these guys and gals.  Thought I knew a little before I found this forum only to find out I didn't know SQUAT! :)

ArnieM

Hi Bill and welcome to the forum.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.