• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

First time jerky strips & nuggets

Started by SamuelG, June 17, 2011, 09:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghost9mm

Sam... pretty jerky is not always good, made some last week that looked great but I got to much cure in it and was not good..not the jerky fault, mine...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

SamuelG

Quote from: ghost9mm on June 19, 2011, 06:11:27 PM
Sam... pretty jerky is not always good, made some last week that looked great but I got to much cure in it and was not good..not the jerky fault, mine...

Them injuns took mine! 

It was good and I'll make more.... Alot more!

SamuelG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SamuelG

GBIceman

The double dip must add marinade to the nuggets and give the shine. I just did some strips with the voy, the shine seems to come from the marinade that is sticky. Is the stickyness normal and well it affect the ability to store it. What time period will it last? What is the best way to store it. It taste great but I want to mail some to my son and not have it go bad. I did use cure #1 with the voy.
Ice fishing rocks

If you are going to be stupid, you better be tough.

SamuelG

Quote from: GBIceman on June 21, 2011, 05:52:40 PM
The double dip must add marinade to the nuggets and give the shine. I just did some strips with the voy, the shine seems to come from the marinade that is sticky. Is the stickyness normal and well it affect the ability to store it. What time period will it last? What is the best way to store it. It taste great but I want to mail some to my son and not have it go bad. I did use cure #1 with the voy.

I'm sure some one will post that has more experience then me.

To store longer term I've read that vac and freeze is the best. 
I believe Nepasmoker used a jar with holes in the lid shorter term.
  When he mails it he sprays it with a solution of PS and allows to dry before the vac pack.

Again that is what I remember, buy some one else will be around with some more solutions.

SamuelG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SamuelG