• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Second smoke from Dallas

Started by brogers, July 13, 2011, 04:25:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brogers

Thanks to everyone who gave me some beginner advice.  I smoked a whole chicken and it turned out great.  Just finished up my babyback and St louis Style ribs.  Smoked the ribs 2, 3, 1 at 225, took about 7 hrs total including the time to do step 2.  No problem keeping the temperature since it's 102 in dallas today,  15 minute recovery time was nice too. Cynthia loved them and gave me a thumbs up for my new hobby. I am ready for fall though and August will be even hotter. 
Going to try a pork tenderloin this weekend.  Any advice before I get started?

Should have picked up this hobby a long time ago.  You guys and gals are great and I really enjoy being on this forum!

ghost9mm

brogers ... way to go...dang they really look great..and when the lady gives ya a thumbs up you know ya done good... :D
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

wyoduke

1 OBS
1 BRINKMAN
1 ROYAL JOKE
1 Smoke Daddy
1 Brinkman smoker grill
1 Green Mountain Grill

DTAggie

Very nice from a fellow Dallasite

KyNola

Nice going.  They look great.

OU812

Them there ribs look GREAT.

Good to here mama gave ya the thumbs up,,,, thats always a good thing.  ;D

The tenderloin is a very lean hunk of meat so you dont need the slow and low, cook that baby hot and fast and keep an eye on it they cook fast.

SouthernSmoked

Dang good looking Ribs there Brian
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

elweezo

Since it is a lean piece of meat.. lay bacon  across the top of it so the fat will keep it juicy.   You may wanna rake the bacon off about a hr left so the top of the loin can get some color
I thought I had something intersting to put here but then I thought again

Rad Rich

Hey those ribs look great.  I love doing pork tenderloins.  I rub them up, wrap them in bacon, apply a little more rub and some dry herbs.  It of 160 delicious.
Smokin is only bad for you when you inhale.

classicrockgriller

Nice ribs from a another Texican.

OU812

Yep you can wrap them in bacon,,, heres a pork tender loin with a deer loin wrapped in bacon.

Or not,,,, heres a couple with just rub on em.

Cant find a shot with a glaze on them. 

brogers

That looks awesome. Have two deer loins in freezer. Can't wait to try that.
Thanks

Tenpoint5

Ribs look great!

I have a suggestion though. Open your vent a little bit more. I see a little black rain on the one chunk. Which probably had a nasty acidic taste when you got there for a moment. The moisture coming from the meat mixes with the creosote in the smoke and hangs out on the top of your smoker, if your vent isn't open far enough, then drips back down on to your meat as "Black Rain". The spot I am talking about is on the bottom slab in this picture on the lower right hand corner of the slab.

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

Quote from: brogers on July 14, 2011, 10:22:29 PM
That looks awesome. Have two deer loins in freezer. Can't wait to try that.
Thanks

Check this out.  ;D

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=19206.0