Sourdough E-book

Started by Keymaster, July 16, 2011, 10:07:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keymaster

I've been wanting to try making sourdough and I found this free E-book. Everybody needs bread for there pulled pork sammys, right  ;D

http://www.northwestsourdough.com/discovering/

OU812

Thanks for the link Key.

Just spead through, looks like some good readin, I'll read more later when I have time.

Smokin Soon

That's a great source of information, I have been using it for a while now. I plan on extracting all of the sour rye recipes and making a separate pdf file, since that's what I like the most.

3rensho

Many thanks for the link.  It looks great!!
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Caribou

Thanks for posting this :)
Looks like a great source of sourdough info

Carolyn

Keymaster

I think all the thanks goes to Teresa, the lady that has spent the last eight years perfecting here sourdough, I can't wait to make my own starter, but I need to read more. This feeding a pile of flour, water and pineapple juice has me a bit confused  ;D . Glad I could share the Link with you all.

OU812

Quote from: Keymaster on July 17, 2011, 07:01:47 AM
I think all the thanks goes to Teresa, the lady that has spent the last eight years perfecting here sourdough, I can't wait to make my own starter, but I need to read more. This feeding a pile of flour, water and pineapple juice has me a bit confused  ;D . Glad I could share the Link with you all.

I've got some dehydrated sourdough starter if you want to skip the feeding a pile of flour part.

Keymaster

Quote from: OU812 on July 17, 2011, 07:20:56 AM

I've got some dehydrated sourdough starter if you want to skip the feeding a pile of flour part.
That would be awesome Curt, Ill PM you my address.

OU812

Quote from: Keymaster on July 17, 2011, 09:27:00 AM
Quote from: OU812 on July 17, 2011, 07:20:56 AM

That would be awesome Curt, Ill PM you my address.

It will be in the mail tomarrow.

Keymaster

Cool, Cant wait to make some sourdough ;D

tsquared

Awesome Keymaster--for the past few weeks I have been thinking about finding a good sourdough starter method --this looks great!
T2 

Keymaster

OU812 sent me some sourdough starter, Thanks so much!!!! I cant wait to mix it up and make a loaf of bread, I gave the starter a big nice cool welcome to Washington state ;D again thanks so much Curt!!! I need to get a ceramic pizza stone so I can cook the bread in my ceramic Primo Smoker/Grill/Oven

DisplacedCoonass

Heh, I'm actually on day 5 of my scratch starter now.  So far, so good, though I did miss the part where it said "loosely cover" and almost had bad things happen when I opened the jar.

OU812

Quote from: Keymaster on July 22, 2011, 05:02:00 PM
OU812 sent me some sourdough starter, Thanks so much!!!! I cant wait to mix it up and make a loaf of bread, I gave the starter a big nice cool welcome to Washington state ;D again thanks so much Curt!!! I need to get a ceramic pizza stone so I can cook the bread in my ceramic Primo Smoker/Grill/Oven

Got that baby fed yet?

OU812

Quote from: Keymaster on July 22, 2011, 05:02:00 PM

Glad it made it,,,,,,,,,,,,,you should have seen the looks I got at the post office when they weighed it for the postage.  ::)

They felt it and looked straight at me.

I just stood there and smiled.  ;D

Cant wait to see that baby grow and produce some killer sourdough bread.