What rack position?

Started by Mach1, July 27, 2011, 10:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mach1

So I'm doing a pork butt tomorrow and a brisket on Saturday, I have the 4 rack OBS which rack level should I use for just doing 1 thing at a time? Closer to the heating element or further away? And invade it matters I have the auber dual probe PID.

Habanero Smoker

If you are only smoke/cooking one at a time, I would use the second rack position from the bottom. If you have the free style cabinet temperature probe, place that beneath the rack.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

ghost9mm

Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

MidKnightRider

"A Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."John Adams
The Big Easy
OBS
ProQ Smoke Gererator
Little Chief Front Loader
Chair-Broil Electric Smoker
Thermos Gas Grill
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/index.php
BBQ Evangelist

GusRobin

Why not do them both together? Reheated brisket is as good or better than the one fresh out of the smoker. Put a metal pan to catch the drippings and use that when you reheat, or cover in a pan with some beef brioth added and put in 325* oven until done. Both ways are good and youdon't have to worry about the timing between the 2. Just a thought.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.