• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Felt like a fattie

Started by OU812, August 02, 2011, 11:41:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OU812

Was diggin in the fridge for some thing for dinner the other night and seen some leftover cheesy rice and broccoli stuff then remembered njxbow did a venison fattie with a rice stuffing so I said to my self "Self, lets make a rice stuffed fattie"  ;D

Dug out some bulk Italian sausage pressed it flat, slapped on some smoked cheddar, layered on the rice stuff, rolled that baby up and used a rub of 50/50 BAMA RED and Gun Powder.

Set the smoker at 250 F and when the cabnet temp was there threw in the fattie and rolled 2 hr Pecan then when the IT hit 160 F we got this.

Let cool 10 min and slice.

Lets eat.

Had some leftover pasta salad and corn on the cob to make it a meal.

Start to finish this meal took just over 4 hr.

Ka Honu

Lookin' good.  I like the "jelly roll" technique - reminds me of one of my old faves, the "Reuben Roll" (meatloaf, seasoned with caraway seed and rolled with sauerkraut and Swiss cheese).

OU812

Quote from: Ka Honu on August 02, 2011, 12:42:41 PM
Lookin' good.  I like the "jelly roll" technique - reminds me of one of my old faves, the "Reuben Roll" (meatloaf, seasoned with caraway seed and rolled with sauerkraut and Swiss cheese).

Now that sounds good!

Gonna give that a shot next time,,,, I love kraut.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: OU812 on August 02, 2011, 12:48:54 PM
Quote from: Ka Honu on August 02, 2011, 12:42:41 PM

Now that sounds good!

Gonna give that a shot next time,,,, I love kraut.

YES it does sound good!! Yours don't look half bad either Curt
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KyNola

Curt, that thing looks awesome.  I have to ask.  How much did that thing weigh?!

sparky1

thats a real nice fatty there.  i would like a slice plz.   8)
26.75 OTG
18.5 WSM

OU812

Quote from: KyNola on August 02, 2011, 02:32:26 PM
Curt, that thing looks awesome.  I have to ask.  How much did that thing weigh?!

I started off with just over 2 lb sausage and 4 oz cheese, guessing the rice stuff was 1/2 lb give or take so my guess is that fattie was close to 3lb green weight.  ;D

Go big or go home I always say. :D

pensrock

That looks great and KH I love rubens so your idea sound great as well.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: KyNola on August 02, 2011, 02:32:26 PM
I'm with you Larry that does look like it is a 10 pound roll of meat setting there
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

ghost9mm

Well partner, that looks just plain good...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

ccfdmike

Quote from: sparky1 on August 02, 2011, 02:58:29 PM
thats a real nice fatty there.  i would like a slice plz.   8)
Fatties are real nice....real nice

ccfdmike

Not only is the fatty looking good, the plate is hilarious as well!  Kids?

DTAggie

Mighty fine indeed my friend!

OU812

Quote from: ccfdmike on August 02, 2011, 06:19:03 PM
Not only is the fatty looking good, the plate is hilarious as well!  Kids?

That there plate is daddys plate and for Kids? Yep I got 4 the youngest is 19.  ;D

ccfdmike