• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Simple Meal in the Smoker-pics

Started by grousehog, August 05, 2011, 11:37:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grousehog

While I appreciate the complex recipes and the uniquely different opportunities to try a variety of techniques and recipes I am going out on a limb today and trying to smoke a basic meal in the OBS.  I think many newbies including myself wonder about these simple opportunities, as much as I like to grill, sometimes I would like to sip several cold ones and let the smoker do the entire meal.  I will be taking pics as we go forward but here is the game plan.  One rack of ribs, Kansas City Rub applied for over 4 hours,smoking with a mix of apple/hickory using the  3-2-1/or until done) technique will be used.  I use half apple cider vinegar and water instead of juice during the 2 stage and my own spicy BBQ sauce at the end.  With two hours to go I am going to put in my potatoes that I have covered in olive oil and sprinkled with Cajun season and garlic salt.  The fresh corn on the cob has been soaking for three hours in the husk (silk removed) and I will place that in with 1 hour remaining.  Wish me luck I will post pics and results later today.
Ed

TestRocket

Good Luck Ed and what time do I need to be there for dinner?  ;D

ghost9mm

Sounds like a plan to me, I have ribs in the traeger right now, and we are canning 2 1/2 bushels of tomatoes today, last batch is on the stove now...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

OU812

Sounds like a well thought out plan, the taters might not be quite done but thats a easy fix.

Cant wait to see/here your finished meal.

I'm headin home to make snack sticks and drink whiskey now.  ;D

grousehog

Running dangerously low on beer have to go to the store, here is where way are at this point
Shmokey Ribs

Ribs

Corn and Taters

TestRocket

Looking good. I can bring the beer!  ;D

grousehog

Just started a new smoke phase, 1 hour of cuban smoke

SouthernSmoked

Looking good grousehog...

Are you back with the beer??

One thing I did notice however it looks like you have your V-trap upside down - maybe its just the pic.

It should be a valley not a roof top.

Fire up the cuban!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

squirtthecat

I think it's definitely upside down..   You'll want to run out and flip that over.

grousehog

This forum rocks, for a year I wondered why the drip pan didn't fit right. ::), thanks for the help,
I deferred the beer route and went to bourbon street. Via Cuba
Thanks for the advice,
ed

grousehog

Grand finale
Temp appx 240-250
Ribs smoked 3 hours and cooked for 3.5 = delicious
Potatoes cooked 3.5 hours after advice from forum= delicious
Corn cooked 1.5 hours= crispy and Delicious
Drip Tray installed correctly for all future smokes  :P

pensrock

Great catch with the V tray.
Good looking meal, well done.  :)

SouthernSmoked

Heck Yeah! Meal looks awesome.

Glad we could help with the V-trap.

Enjoy!!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

OU812

That there plate of grub looks GREAT.

ccfdmike

Right when I decide to take a day off from smoking, I see these pictures....I guess I'll just have to wait for another day to take off.  ( If that wonderful plate of food wasn't enough, the cigars and whiskey/beer sealed the deal!)  :o Well done :)