• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Question about cook times

Started by pgski, August 06, 2011, 09:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pgski

I'm new. Will be doing a smoke on Monday with pics. I know you lose heat when you open the smoker. So when figuring the cook and smoke times is it from the time you close the smoker door after you've added the meat or is it after you get back up to the proper temp? Hope that makes sense.

mikecorn.1

Quote from: pgski on August 06, 2011, 09:20:11 PM
I'm new. Will be doing a smoke on Monday with pics. I know you lose heat when you open the smoker. So when figuring the cook and smoke times is it from the time you close the smoker door after you've added the meat or is it after you get back up to the proper temp? Hope that makes sense.

Not much on time. Go on IT of the item or in Ribzzz case, when they meat has crawled up the end of the bone. Everything varies. Nothing is ever the same. More folks will be by with more info. Have fun and dont forget the pics.  ;D
Mike

Tiny Tim

I'm no expert, but, to me, the IT is more important than when the clock starts on timing it.  Ribs, usually are a kind of time thing, but it's your call on when to start the timer.  Like the rest of the foods you'll put in there, they'll get done when they're darn well good and ready to be done.  In the 3-2-1 method, the smoke clock starts when the first puck hits the hot plate.  After that it's a look, feel, and "how hungry am I" issue. lol

Hope this helps you out some, and doesn't confuse or frustrate you.

pgski

It all helps. Thanks. Been reading so many posts that I was getting the feeling that it's more of an IT thing. Is there a good guide posted here somewhere on what proper IT should be on the different types of meat?

Tiny Tim

classicrockgriller

pgski

Thanks. You guys are awesome. The chart is perfect.