• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Just a teaser post for now....

Started by ExpatCanadian, August 10, 2011, 09:39:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3rensho

QuoteWhats the average stay in prison...

I think the prisons are pretty cushy here compared to other countries at least from what I've seen on documentaries.  Might be a good idea to nick a candy bar or two in that jurisdiction. ;D ;D
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: ExpatCanadian on August 11, 2011, 12:12:36 AM
Quote from: NePaSmoKer on August 10, 2011, 10:21:46 AM
Nice teaser post.

And i like that cutter. Where does one get it at?

NePas... and everyone else who has expressed interest in the cutter... Daniela has a stack of them, she uses them in her restaurant to serve the salsiz. I expect she bought them locally, so maybe I can find out about a bulk purchase myself and see what I could do about sending them over? I doubt they are that expensive individually but its the shipping that might kill it :-(

I'll get back to you all on this...

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.544451,-0.033745

Yeah the shipping might. But let us know.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Keymaster on August 10, 2011, 06:50:35 PM
Quote from: NePaSmoKer on August 10, 2011, 06:41:23 PM
I gotta git me one dem cutters. The wood LJ cutter not the buffalo chopper  :o
Let me know when you find one Rick, I want one too!!!
Count me in as well. Might even be able to take it over to the Monks at the Monastery and have them make some up. They have a great wood shop that they build caskets in.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on August 12, 2011, 06:10:44 AM
Quote from: Keymaster on August 10, 2011, 06:50:35 PM
Quote from: NePaSmoKer on August 10, 2011, 06:41:23 PM
I gotta git me one dem cutters. The wood LJ cutter not the buffalo chopper  :o
Let me know when you find one Rick, I want one too!!!
Count me in as well. Might even be able to take it over to the Monks at the Monastery and have them make some up. They have a great wood shop that they build caskets in.

That would be a Monastery Monk Cutter  :o

ExpatCanadian

Okey dokey then....  I've heard back from my friend about the sausage cutters.  Turns out they aren't as cheap as I thought they might be, but there is a slight feel-good factor involved.  They are made locally by handicapped folk...  not sure if that's the PC term these days, but whatever.  So, bottom line is that they cost 80 CHF each...  or roughly $100!!  But, they are obviously handmade, not factory mass-produced, and they help folks who probably need a bit of help.

Daniela suggested that if any of you were interested, she would organise to ship them directly from Switzerland....  save them having to be shipped to me first.  She thought it would cost around 15 CHF each for shipping, but that is only a guess.

Sorry for the (sort of) bad news...  but let me know if you're still interested.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: ExpatCanadian on August 15, 2011, 06:35:16 AM
Okey dokey then....  I've heard back from my friend about the sausage cutters.  Turns out they aren't as cheap as I thought they might be, but there is a slight feel-good factor involved.  They are made locally by handicapped folk...  not sure if that's the PC term these days, but whatever.  So, bottom line is that they cost 80 CHF each...  or roughly $100!!  But, they are obviously handmade, not factory mass-produced, and they help folks who probably need a bit of help.

Daniela suggested that if any of you were interested, she would organise to ship them directly from Switzerland....  save them having to be shipped to me first.  She thought it would cost around 15 CHF each for shipping, but that is only a guess.

Sorry for the (sort of) bad news...  but let me know if you're still interested.

Not really bad news. But how much is 15 CFH in $ for shipping?

squirtthecat

15 Swiss francs = 18.9419 US dollars

Sounds cheap..

NePaSmoKer

3rensho

Hi Expat, what is their contact info within Switzerland?  I might be interested and the money goes to a good cause apparently.  I've purchased goods and services (green fire starters, overwintering of plants) from handicapped organizations in Switzerland and found them to be first rate.   Thanks
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

ExpatCanadian

Quote from: squirtthecat on August 15, 2011, 06:43:03 AM
Sounds cheap..

Yeah, but as I said....  that's a guess...

Quote from: 3rensho on August 15, 2011, 07:19:14 AM
Hi Expat, what is their contact info within Switzerland?  I might be interested and the money goes to a good cause apparently.  I've purchased goods and services (green fire starters, overwintering of plants) from handicapped organizations in Switzerland and found them to be first rate.   Thanks

I'll find out...

NePaSmoKer

Keymaster

Quote from: ExpatCanadian on August 15, 2011, 09:41:36 AM
Quote from: squirtthecat on August 15, 2011, 06:43:03 AM
Sounds cheap..

Yeah, but as I said....  that's a guess...

Quote from: 3rensho on August 15, 2011, 07:19:14 AM

I'll find out...
Could we paypal you the moneys possibly?

ExpatCanadian

Quote from: Keymaster on August 15, 2011, 04:09:25 PM
Could we paypal you the moneys possibly?

Sorry for the delayed reply...  yes, of course.

But, lets not get ahead of ourselves yet.  I haven't heard back from her in a few days, so she's probably been busy.  She was going to check and see if she could still get these....  she bought hers about 18 months ago so wasn't 100% sure they were still making them, or maybe they have moved on to other projects.