Muebe Nuggets

Started by DTAggie, August 11, 2011, 09:36:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

Hi Cobra.  Yep pink salt, yep straight Soy Vay.  Temps on the other hand depend.  I smoke  the nuggets in the Bradley at around 150 or so and then transfer to the dehydrator to finish.  I'll let the folks who do them start to finish in the Bradley give you a better answer on temps to completion in the Bradley.  One thing I think I've heard is don't go above 170 as you are no longer drying jerky, you are cooking it.

It was great to meet you at MWSO II.

cobra6223

Thans Nola.....great to meet you also..........wife and I had a great time.
Tim

grousehog

Made these yesterday and they turned out great.  I didn't have any Cure #1 so I substituted 7 teaspoons of MTQ, I added two tablespoons of Cayenne Pepper and a tablespoon of Red Pepper and it still didn't have any heat.  I think I will add some Dave's Total Insanity (hot sauce) next batch.  I smoked them for two hours with Mesquite and continued to dry them in the OBS for 4.5 more hours at 160.  Great Recipe!!!

muebe

Quote from: grousehog on September 04, 2011, 06:37:42 AM
Made these yesterday and they turned out great.  I didn't have any Cure #1 so I substituted 7 teaspoons of MTQ, I added two tablespoons of Cayenne Pepper and a tablespoon of Red Pepper and it still didn't have any heat.  I think I will add some Dave's Total Insanity (hot sauce) next batch.  I smoked them for two hours with Mesquite and continued to dry them in the OBS for 4.5 more hours at 160.  Great Recipe!!!

Glad you like them!

I had that Dave's sauce before and it burns every part of the mouth and throat :o

I finished off a six-pack before my mouth and throat cooled down :D
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

ccfdmike

Looks like I found my next project!

KyNola

Mike,
Muebe hit a home run with this recipe.  I made them and everyone I shared with loved them!  Smokey, sticky, hot, sweet.  What could be better?

ccfdmike

Quote from: KyNola on September 04, 2011, 08:57:06 AM
Mike,
Muebe hit a home run with this recipe.  I made them and everyone I shared with loved them!  Smokey, sticky, hot, sweet.  What could be better?
I'm at work today and will be getting off tomorrow morning.  Can't wait!

rigstar

i am new to the smoking world, and want to try these nuggets, i think i
have a very good recipe to try, same one i use to marinate with for kabobs,
couple of questions for the guys in the know, i read one post here
that you smoke for a couple hrs, do you add heat to that, if so how hot,
and then you leave in smoker for a few hours, i am assuming that is with no smoke
just heat.
sorry for what must seem like very simple questions to the guys in the know
i have a bradley 4 rack digital
either your in, or your in the f***ing way

DTAggie

Welcome to the smoking world Rigstar.  Yes you apply heat while smoking.  I have an OBS without a PID to control temps.  So, I usually take the cabinet temp to about 200* knowing when I put the jerky the temp will drop to around 160* during the smoke process.  Once done with the smoke time (about 2 hrs) I remove the water bowl and continue cooking around 170* until I like the firmness.

zueth

How long do you normally cook after 2 hours of smoke or does just depend on how firm you want them? on average 4 additional hours at 170?

muebe

Quote from: zueth on September 29, 2011, 11:48:29 AM
How long do you normally cook after 2 hours of smoke or does just depend on how firm you want them? on average 4 additional hours at 170?

The time will also depend on the size of the chunks. Try to make them all even in size as possible. They usually take a total of 7 to 8 hours. I re-apply a coat of Soy Vay on the nuggets after 6 hours. The last hour or two is to finish the Soy Vay coating ;D
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

zueth

Quote from: muebe on September 29, 2011, 12:07:58 PM
Quote from: zueth on September 29, 2011, 11:48:29 AM

The time will also depend on the size of the chunks. Try to make them all even in size as possible. They usually take a total of 7 to 8 hours. I re-apply a coat of Soy Vay on the nuggets after 6 hours. The last hour or two is to finish the Soy Vay coating ;D

I will be using stew meat that I get from the butcher that is already cut up into equal size chunks.

pikeman_95

Has anyone tried this with venison?
I intend to give this a try as I have plenty of wild meat and hunting season is just about ready to start.

DTAggie

Quote from: pikeman_95 on September 29, 2011, 09:02:22 PM

I intend to give this a try as I have plenty of wild meat and hunting season is just about ready to start.

Never had, let us know how it turns out.

muebe

Quote from: DTAggie on September 29, 2011, 09:03:45 PM
Quote from: pikeman_95 on September 29, 2011, 09:02:22 PM

Never had, let us know how it turns out.

X2 ;)