Muebe Nuggets

Started by DTAggie, August 11, 2011, 09:36:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DTAggie

After seeing Muebe have several posts on jerky nuggets and NePas aptly naming them Muebe Nuggets, I had to give it a try.  I actually did this last weekend, just have not had time to post.  Needles to say, the nuggets are all gone.

The players:  Just under 5 lbs of beef for stew from Sam's.  Soy Vay Very Teriyaki, Cayenne Pepper and Cure #1

Ready for a 4 hr soak (Deadliest Catch lingo)

On the jerky racks ready for two hrs of hickory

All done.  I had devoured about half of the front rack before I took the pic.  Great taste.  Only thing I would is more heat.

SouthernSmoked

Wow David, the Muebe Nuggets really look good!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

squirtthecat

I really need to try this sometime...  Looks great.

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KyNola

ghost9mm

Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

KyNola

DTA, if you would be so kind, how much of each ingredient did you use?  I know there is 5 lbs of meat.

With a Reveo, that 4 hour soak would be reduced to a 20 minute spin. ;)

DTAggie

Quote from: KyNola on August 12, 2011, 07:47:40 AM
DTA, if you would be so kind, how much of each ingredient did you use?  I know there is 5 lbs of meat.

I need to get me one of those Reveo's for sure.  Used the whole bottle of Soy Vay and 1tsp of of Cure.  Only used half a tsp of the Cayenne and it was not nearly enough.  Didn't have any kick to it at all.

KyNola

OU812

I can see why they didnt last long,,,,,,,,they look GREAT.

As for the heat I could see 2 tsp  maybe 1 Tbl cayenne to 5 lb meat.  ;D

muebe

Quote from: DTAggie on August 12, 2011, 08:07:13 AM
Quote from: KyNola on August 12, 2011, 07:47:40 AM

I need to get me one of those Reveo's for sure.  Used the whole bottle of Soy Vay and 1tsp of of Cure.  Only used half a tsp of the Cayenne and it was not nearly enough.  Didn't have any kick to it at all.

I have nuggets named after me....WOW I feel so special :D

Those look perfect!

I have been using red pepper flakes on them when I re-coated to get some heat. I am always afraid that I will make them too hot and no one else will want to eat them...but actually maybe that is not such a bad thing ::)
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

SnellySmokesEm

Nice Muebies!!!! 

Muebe - NEPA made ya famous!!!!
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

DTAggie

Muebe Island nugget eating contest?  Who can east the most, in pounds, Muebe Nuggets in 10 minutes?

Keymaster

Those look awesome, Another thing I need to try!!!

cobra6223

was going to try nuggets for the first time, in that pic at the top here I notice pink salt, do you use cure #1 with nuggets also? and one stupid question lust leads to more, do you straight soy vay or does it get thinned out with water and if so how much? while I'm on my stupid roll here what temps then. Thanks every one for all your help in advance !! These old timer moments just kill me !! ;D ;D