Muebe Nuggets

Started by DTAggie, August 11, 2011, 09:36:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pikeman_95

It might not work so well with a stinky buck but I have some very mild whitetail doe meat that It should work well with.

OU812

Quote from: pikeman_95 on September 29, 2011, 09:02:22 PM

Has anyone tried this with venison?
I intend to give this a try as I have plenty of wild meat and hunting season is just about ready to start.

Yes Sir.  ;D

6 lb of of deer meat form around the were the hind quarter was removed, bled out in the fridge on a rack then chunked up and walla.

Forgot to take a money shot.  ::)

Used my teriyaki recipe, soaked overnight, turned out great.

Heck mama even ate some and she says she dont like deer meat.  8)

zueth

Do these need to be refrigerated?

OU812

Quote from: zueth on October 06, 2011, 03:44:04 PM

I keep mine refrigerated.

DTAggie

Quote from: OU812 on October 06, 2011, 07:06:18 PM
Quote from: zueth on October 06, 2011, 03:44:04 PM

I keep mine refrigerated.

Refrigerated in a brown paper bag

zueth

After you apply two hours of smoke do you remove the water bowl?

DTAggie

Quote from: zueth on October 08, 2011, 09:44:40 AM
After you apply two hours of smoke do you remove the water bowl?

Yes

roryw

Hi All,
I'm new to making jerky.  I just bought Cure #1 and when excitingly making these nuggets I accidently added 1 tsp:1lb instead of 1tsp:5lb.

It's marinating right now and im wondering if I wash it all off start again, throw it out or leave it as is..

Is it healthy to eat as is??

Thanks!

KyNola

My opinion is toss it.  Sodium nitrite is not anything you want to mess with.  You can make some folks seriously ill.  I'll yield to the other member of the forum who are far more knowledgeable than me about all things when it comes to curing but were it mine I wouldn't risk it.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: roryw on July 04, 2012, 08:48:47 PM
Hi All,
I'm new to making jerky.  I just bought Cure #1 and when excitingly making these nuggets I accidently added 1 tsp:1lb instead of 1tsp:5lb.

It's marinating right now and im wondering if I wash it all off start again, throw it out or leave it as is..

Is it healthy to eat as is??

Thanks!

When in Doubt TOSS it out!! Better to loose a couple dollars of meat than have someone get sick
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

mhiykmeel63

Made 3lbs of these the other night and took them out to the pool... gone in no time!! Just wondering, if next time I did them could I replace the teriyaki with a1 or maybe gunshot sauce? Love the original but couple people were asking.

Sailor

Quote from: mhiykmeel63 on July 06, 2012, 05:26:02 PM
Made 3lbs of these the other night and took them out to the pool... gone in no time!! Just wondering, if next time I did them could I replace the teriyaki with a1 or maybe gunshot sauce? Love the original but couple people were asking.
The great thing about smoking is you come up with an idea and try it.  You never know, it maybe the best recipe ever developed. Let us know how they come out.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

mhiykmeel63

will do, probably tackel them next weekend

OU812

Quote from: Sailor on July 06, 2012, 05:35:29 PM
Quote from: mhiykmeel63 on July 06, 2012, 05:26:02 PM
The great thing about smoking is you come up with an idea and try it.  You never know, it maybe the best recipe ever developed. Let us know how they come out.

What Jim said.

I would go for the A1,,,,,,,,,,,,,been there done that, got the T shirt too  ;D