Artillery Punch

Started by NePaSmoKer, August 22, 2011, 08:30:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

This is an adult beverage from Savannah GA. From the Chatham Artillery May 1, 1786

2 qts marachino cherries
1 1/2 gallons of catawaba wine
1 1/2 gallons of strong tea
2 1/2 pounds brown sugar
1 1/2 qts orange juice
1 1/2 qts lemon juice
1/2 gallon rum
1 qt gin
1 qt brandy
1/2 pint benedictine
1 1/2 qts rye whiskey

Mix all together and let stand 48 hours before serving.

Guess you could reduce this down to a smaller batch.....MAN this would be worse of an @$$ kicker than a Hurrycane  :o

rdevous

Talk about a marinade for cherries!!!  Soak them for about a week and put them in your Manhattan, Old Fashion, Whiskey Sour, Tom Collins or a Girl Scout.  If you see your bartender standing around eating them....order your drinks before he's on the floor!!!

Ray........bartender for 18 years

(Remember ladies..............as I always say...Take a bartender home with you....you never know when you're going to wake up thirsty and want something to drink!)

If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!

ghost9mm

Good Grief !!! you would have to mix that up in a 55 gallon drum, but it still would be good...lol
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

rdevous

Just thought of something.....that would make one crazy Drunken Cherry pie...............Ala mode!!!

Ray

ccfdmike

Not sure anybody would remember the party! :)

Tenpoint5

With them quantities I am thinking we would need a whole truckload of Wheelbarrows!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

rdevous

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on August 25, 2011, 05:31:02 PM
With them quantities I am thinking we would need a whole truckload of Wheelbarrows!!

...and straws!!!

Ray