Bring It Irene

Started by NePaSmoKer, August 25, 2011, 12:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keymaster

I hope all is well over there!!!

ShortEnd

Nepas and all you guys there out East, stay safe. Geez, first Earthquakes, now Hurricanes. You folks are kinda gettin' kicked around a bit out there. Batton down the hatches and get plenty of provisions. Wish you all the best. God willing, you'll all ride this nasty one out in good shape. We're pullin' for ya, and let us know all is well, when she blows over.

wkahler

I have a extra 6500/8000 Watt brand new generator in the garage if someone needs it and is going that way.  I have 3 generators and have this one just sitting with less then 1 hour on it.  Full of fuel and been started every 3 months.  Good luck to all and keep those smokers in a safe place.
The smoking lamp is lit!!!

ghost9mm

Old Irene is getting ready...

Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

squirtthecat

I passed a caravan of Ameren Energy bucket trucks out of St Louis this morning.  They were heading around Springfield and presumably East..

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: wkahler on August 25, 2011, 05:48:22 PM
I have a extra 6500/8000 Watt brand new generator in the garage if someone needs it and is going that way.  I have 3 generators and have this one just sitting with less then 1 hour on it.  Full of fuel and been started every 3 months.  Good luck to all and keep those smokers in a safe place.

I just gotta tell my wife to pedal faster is all  ;D

classicrockgriller

You Guys find cover.

Will be watching and praying everyone is safe.

manxman

My two boys are currently on holiday in Florida (they have a long shopping list of goodies for me!)and for a while the tracking showed it may hit there.... made me rather nervous for a time.

Fortunately for them that is not the case but to all those on the US East coast that are likely to be affected when Irene makes landfall then take good care and stay safe.

Manxman

OU812

This is gonna be an "Historic" storm, just read a artical and it says there will be hurricane force winds that will extend 90 miles and tropical force winds 290 miles out form the center.

Take cover and be safe my friends.

SouthernSmoked

Extreme Irene...dang that's a tongue twister!

On a serious note - you guys be careful.
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

ghost9mm

Well Pat and I have our heads down and waiting, we took the smokers and grill in the garage, checked the water supply flashlights, propane tanks full, generator fueled, batterys on three laptop charged, and we have enough smoked product to last a real long time...lol..
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

classicrockgriller

I just checked on the Lady Twister and it looks like she may

stabilize before hitting land. The winds have died down some

but she still is a force to be reckon with.

SamuelG

I wish everyone the best of luck  and please be safe...these storms are very unpredictable!

We got lucky down here in Miami.

SamuelG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SamuelG

deb415611

Quote from: classicrockgriller on August 26, 2011, 01:25:55 PM
I just checked on the Lady Twister and it looks like she may

stabilize before hitting land. The winds have died down some

but she still is a force to be reckon with.

We are ready

NePaSmoKer

Stay safe. I will try to keep posting.

Sent from my HTC Liberty using Tapatalk