Cure #1

Started by zueth, September 29, 2011, 11:55:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zueth

Is there a place on line where I can buy this.

classicrockgriller

squirtthecat

Quite a few...

Where are you located?

muebe

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

northof60girl

I'm thinking about ordering it in bulk to my PO Box in the US and bringing it back to Vancouver with me and selling some smaller packets from here as there does not seem to be this "brand" in Canada.  But correct me if I am wrong  ;)

mikeradio

Hey northof60girl

I live in Prince George and have ordered cure 1 and 2 from Stuffers
They dont call it cure they have it under Prauge Powder 1 and 2

http://estores.wws5.com/stuffers.com/wecs.php?store=stuffers&action=searchadvanced&noform=1&advancedsearch_words=prague

Stuffers Supply Company:
22958 Fraser Highway,
Langley,
British Columbia,
V2Z 2T9
Canada

Mike

muebe

Quote from: northof60girl on September 29, 2011, 12:18:42 PM
I'm thinking about ordering it in bulk to my PO Box in the US and bringing it back to Vancouver with me and selling some smaller packets from here as there does not seem to be this "brand" in Canada.  But correct me if I am wrong  ;)

Why does this scenario kind of remind me of the movie "Scarface" :o ;D
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

northof60girl

Thanks Mikeradio...I will check them out...
@ Meube....if only it was worth that much money and legal...I'd be laughing all the way to the bank.  I depressed myself the other day by looking up what Microsoft stocks were worth when they went public in like 86' ..... .08 cents a share..now 25 bucks or something but nonetheless at 10k investment would have meant retirement at 40...sigh..nose back to the grindstone lol  :-\

muebe

Quote from: northof60girl on September 29, 2011, 12:54:51 PM
Thanks Mikeradio...I will check them out...
@ Meube....if only it was worth that much money and legal...I'd be laughing all the way to the bank.  I depressed myself the other day by looking up what Microsoft stocks were worth when they went public in like 86' ..... .08 cents a share..now 25 bucks or something but nonetheless at 10k investment would have meant retirement at 40...sigh..nose back to the grindstone lol  :-\

The only solid investment through history has been precious metals. They have always gained value and will gain more as the economy get's worse. After all....what is good about a million dollars if the value of a dollar is almost worthless :o

devo

When you order cure#1 here in Canada it is not that nice pink colour, at least the cure#1 I get from my butcher.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: northof60girl on September 29, 2011, 12:18:42 PM

There are several places in Canada you can purchase cure #1 (which is a generic name). In Canada you will also find it under the names of Sure Cure; Fast Cure; Speed Cure.

I know Malabar sells Speed Cure, but I can't find it on their website at this time. You can send them an email.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

northof60girl

Thanks Hab...I remember that you mentioned that in another post of mine and the link that mikeradio gave me is not far from my house and they sell casings too in case I ever get enough courage to try summer sausage or pepperoni  :D cause some of the pic's and recipes on here look great.
and apparently it is still called Prague # 1 here??   

Habanero Smoker

Yes! Prague # 1 is another brand name. Looks like you will be curing something soon!!

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

northof60girl

I'd like to try something soon.  I am doing the CIBC Run for the Cure (breast cancer run in Vancouver, BC) this weekend so next weekend I am going to do something in my new smoker (that is currently in my entry way collecting dust...I know..shame on me!)
If anyone would like to donate the website is www.runforthecure.com/goto/onebysix

One by Six is our team name and I am the team captain under Laurie Tamminen do donate.

Thanks all :)