• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Since I was out taking pictures

Started by devo, September 30, 2011, 09:40:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdevous

Devo.............you spotted Tracker Smurf doing his thing.

Ray

If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!

pikeman_95

That mushroom that papa smurf is looking looks like the death cap mushroom also known as the flying amanita. Please don't eat the thing before you check it out well. I can not see the whole thing but I would be very carefull.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Amanita_muscaria_3_vliegenzwammen_op_rij.jpg

devo

;D ;D ;D ;D
I'm an old Ukrainian boy Kirby, I been picking mushrooms when I was the size of that smurf.  ;)
Don't worry it's not the edible one, that was just a joke there bud.

ronbeaux

The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

devo

Went back to the falls yesterday and took some more pictures. This time I used the auto bracketing setting on the camera. (takes three pics in a row at different exposures) and then ran it through a program called photomatix. The results came out kind kinda neat  ;D

Looking down at the edge of the falls

Looking down into the gorge below the falls.

Then I had to go to Thunder Bay, about 20 miles away from where I live in the country and took a picture of the "Sleeping Giant"

The Sleeping Giant is a formation of mesas and sills on Sibley Peninsula which resembles a giant lying on its back when viewed from the West to North-Northwest section of Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada. As one moves southward along the shoreline toward Squaw Bay the Sleeping Giant starts to separate into its various sections. Most distinctly in the view from the cliffs at Squaw Bay the Giant appears to have an "Adam's Apple". The formation is part of Sleeping Giant Provincial Park. Its dramatic steep cliffs are among the highest in Ontario (250 m). The southernmost point is known as Thunder Cape, depicted by many early Canadian artists such as William Armstrong.

An Ojibway legend identifies the giant as Nanabijou, who was turned to stone when the secret location of a rich silver mine now known as Silver Islet was disclosed to white men.

Rainmaker

I love the fall colours in Ontario and the Maritimes

SiFumar

Keymaster

Very nice pictures, what camera are you using?

devo

Nikon D5100 .....just bought it. I had the canon about 8 years old and it sucks compared to this

deb415611

beautiful pictures Devo!

we have a sleeping giant here as well.

rdevous

Quote from: devo on October 08, 2011, 05:31:52 PM
Nikon D5100 .....just bought it. I had the canon about 8 years old and it sucks compared to this

I just bought the Nikon D3100 a few weeks ago.  Haven't had time to play with it to learn about it yet!

Ray

If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!

devo

Quote from: rdevous on October 08, 2011, 11:36:35 PM
Quote from: devo on October 08, 2011, 05:31:52 PM

I just bought the Nikon D3100 a few weeks ago.  Haven't had time to play with it to learn about it yet!

Ray

Yes I was also looking at the D3100 but it didn't have the auto bracketing feature so it was the next camera up. The D5100 has a lot more bells and whistles than I need but it was also on sale so I went with it.

Quarlow

Quote from: deb415611 on October 08, 2011, 05:49:05 PM
beautiful pictures Devo!

we have a sleeping giant here as well.
Ok Deb your husband on the couch snoozing is not quite the same.  ;D ;D ;D
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

hal4uk

Those are really awesome pics!
I wish I had a "nice" camera!
(But I should probably avoid new toys for a while...)   :o
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

devo

Quote(But I should probably avoid new toys for a while...)

Tell you what, I'll trade you that camera for your new smoker  ;)
;D ;D ;D ;D