• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Bacon Weave

Started by bille, November 01, 2011, 02:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bille

I have seen alot of pictures and talk about a bacon weave here on the forum, I am curious if there is some special technique to it, it looks great but hard to do. :o

Caneyscud

At the risk of incurring the Bradley Pledge I will not say it's easy, I will say it is not all that hard to accomplish.  I usually lay as many as I need to cover what I'm trying to  cover vertically, next to one another on a piece of plastic wrap my on cutting board in front of me.   See below pic.  This pic is not mine, I borrowed it, and although this is probably turkey bacon, it shows real well the technique.  The you start at the top of your "stack" and weave that top cross piece over and under and aligned with the top of the vertical strips.  Then flip up every other strip and lay your next strip down.  Flip those upturned strips back down and flip the other strips up. Lay your next strip in and so on until you finish.  It is a lot easier done than described. then when done lay the fatty or whatever you are going to cover near the bottom of the panel and use the plastic wrap to help roll it all up.  Tuck the ends in as neat as you can,  The seam won't be pretty - but that is why they invented the term, lay it on the grill seam side down. 

PS, the bacon weave is not all that structural after cooking, but can be used to do fun things - see the last pic! (I got bored one day when momma wasn't in the state!)

"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

viper125

Now thats what I call a real work of art!!! Love my Bacon!!
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

OU812

Quote from: bille on November 01, 2011, 02:59:09 PM
I have seen alot of pictures and talk about a bacon weave here on the forum, I am curious if there is some special technique to it, it looks great but hard to do. :o

Check this out.

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?669-Bacon-Weave-101

Tenpoint5

CANEY!!!! There is some foul nasty stuff actually touching my Cabin!! I don't know what it is but it AIN'T BACON!!! Get it offf!!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

bille

Well I have certainly been enlightened, I appreciate the response OU812, the tutorial is exactly what I was looking for. Happy Smoking

bille

Caney, not to forget you, I appreciate your reply as well.

Caneyscud

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 10.5 - it took me a couple of minutes to figure out what you were talking about - but then it hit me!   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Bille - no prob. - I just did not have the link handy and was hoping OU was going to post it.  I was ashamed  :-[ of the turkey bacon (Existentially chewing the cud - If turkey and bacon appear in the same sentence can they really exist?  Dubito, ergo cogito, ergo sum)  and dreading the repercussions, but it was the best photo I could find on the flipping. 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

OU812

Quote from: bille on November 02, 2011, 07:32:50 AM
Well I have certainly been enlightened, I appreciate the response OU812, the tutorial is exactly what I was looking for. Happy Smoking

Glad to help and cant wait to see what you come up with to wrap in your weave.

bille

I will strive to get some pix for you. 8)

Stickbowcrafter

I love this forum, always something new to try. Too cool...

-Brian