Kicked up Cashews

Started by Tenpoint5, November 01, 2011, 06:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sailor

Will have to try this.  Been making several batches of the stacios and I am broke  ;D  Will smoke some almonds too.  I have never had any Starens and can't find in down here.  Wonder if a spicy Q sauce like Stubs would be close to Starens.  Got gallons of Stubs.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

Fisher

They do look good! Cashews are my favorite nut. Thanks for the recipe, going to have to try some....

Happy Smoking

kickedback

I haven't tried nuts yet, but this is definitely gonna happen. Cashews are great, but those look even better. Thanks

SoCalBill

Quote from: Sailor on November 02, 2011, 12:38:58 PM
Will have to try this.  Been making several batches of the stacios and I am broke  ;D  Will smoke some almonds too.  I have never had any Starens and can't find in down here.  Wonder if a spicy Q sauce like Stubs would be close to Starens.  Got gallons of Stubs.

same here.. No Starens but I have some Dave's Famous Devil Spit I will use.

classicrockgriller

Will have to give these a try when I get Home again.

Thanks Chris.

Tenpoint5

Go ahead and sub in all the different sauces guys. That's what makes this place as great as it is. I can post a recipe using something that I have knowing that you can and will sub in things you have. So far I have heard that A-1 Bold and Spicy works really well. I would think that any SPICY vinegar based sauce would work if you don't have any Starnes and your not planning on a trip to Paducah KY any time soon.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Sailor

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on November 17, 2011, 04:11:13 PM
Go ahead and sub in all the different sauces guys. That's what makes this place as great as it is. I can post a recipe using something that I have knowing that you can and will sub in things you have. So far I have heard that A-1 Bold and Spicy works really well. I would think that any SPICY vinegar based sauce would work if you don't have any Starnes and your not planning on a trip to Paducah KY any time soon.
I used Stubs Spicy and it turned out great.  Did cashews and almonds.  Used Hickory smoke.  Got to make more for gifts!

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

jiggerjams

Chris - That was an excellent write up and presentation.
Sailor - Thanks for being the first to post about Stubbs as a substitute.

I am a lucky Canuck to have some Stubbs and having support from guys like you. Thank you!! I need to make some nuts to finish off Christmas baskets and this is the place to be.

JJ

La Quinta

Don't you guys make your own sauces? Sorry but I keep seeing threads with store bought stuff? Just asking? No offense...

TomW

Made 3 cups yesterday....they are gone now.  Off to the store for more cashews.  LOML wants to give as gifts to friends for holidays...

Tom
I may not know much about cooking, but I know lots about eating...