• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

pulled pork experiment

Started by bushman, December 03, 2011, 09:23:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bushman

Okay ,I can make a great pulled pork ,but I just want to push the envelope on tasty. I was thinking about smoking a butt with rub for 4 hours .Then slather it in BBQ sauce , sprinkle brown sugar on it and then cover it with a layer of onions . Put it in a tinfoil pan and wrap it in tin foil for the rest of the time. Will the sugars burn or am I out in left field.

Ka Honu

I'm not sure I'd do that to a pork butt, but that's a matter of my taste preferences and doesn't answer your question.  Boated and at smoker temps, you'll be okay with the sugar.  Burnt sugar is generally only a problem in a hotter and drier cooking environment (like naked on a grill).

zueth

sometimes simple is better, just my 2 cents. 

If some CYM and a rub work, why change it.

Quarlow

Why change? Cause you never know what great flavour you might come up with. I like the sound of this. I will be watching.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

SiFumar

Quote from: Quarlow on December 04, 2011, 08:51:23 AM
Why change? Cause you never know what great flavour you might come up with. I like the sound of this. I will be watching.

X1 I love experiments!

beefmann

experiments can be fun,,, it  will be exciting to find out how it turns out