• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Brrrrrr.... -45

Started by Mr Walleye, January 18, 2012, 02:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Walleye

Here's the latest alert.....

Alerts: Moose Jaw, SK
All Alerts In Effect
Wind Chill WarningWind Chill WarningIssued at 3:25 PM CST Wednesday 18 January 2012

Summary
Extreme wind chill values tonight and Thursday. This is a warning that extreme wind chill conditions are imminent or occurring in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..Listen for updated statements.

Details
Bitterly cold Arctic air combined with westerly winds of 15 to 30 km/h will produce wind chill values in the -40 to -49 range throughout most of Southern Saskatchewan tonight through Thursday. At these extreme wind chill values frostbite on exposed skin may occur in less than 10 minutes. Temperatures will begin to moderate slightly on Friday as a low pressure system approaches from the west. By Saturday temperatures will have returned to the single digits over most of the province as the storm pushes snow and milder temperatures in from the southwest.

Man.... is it cold here right now!  :o

I should have been in Mexico this week!  :'(

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

NePaSmoKer

mikecorn.1

MUCHO FRIO!! :eek:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

ghost9mm

Be sure to bring the monkey inside... :D
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

grnhs

Are you getting much for snow Mike, we have only gotten an inch or less, but This cold sure moved in with a vengence.
50* a week or so ago ???

Quote from: Mr Walleye on January 18, 2012, 02:45:53 PM
Here's the latest alert.....

Alerts: Moose Jaw, SK
All Alerts In Effect
Wind Chill WarningWind Chill WarningIssued at 3:25 PM CST Wednesday 18 January 2012

Summary
Extreme wind chill values tonight and Thursday. This is a warning that extreme wind chill conditions are imminent or occurring in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..Listen for updated statements.

Details
Bitterly cold Arctic air combined with westerly winds of 15 to 30 km/h will produce wind chill values in the -40 to -49 range throughout most of Southern Saskatchewan tonight through Thursday. At these extreme wind chill values frostbite on exposed skin may occur in less than 10 minutes. Temperatures will begin to moderate slightly on Friday as a low pressure system approaches from the west. By Saturday temperatures will have returned to the single digits over most of the province as the storm pushes snow and milder temperatures in from the southwest.

Man.... is it cold here right now!  :o

I should have been in Mexico this week!  :'(

Mike

wyrman

I'm not sure what that is in degrees Mike but we're getting the same storm. We got roughly 6" of snow today and it's in the mid 20's. This is our first snow of the season.
They sent us home from work early(paid) and I can't get the ol tractor started to plow our driveway. :(
Oh well, time to work on my Kirby Cannon some more.

Mr Walleye

-40 C to -49 C equals -40 F to -56 F

Right now we are -49 F or -45 C with the wind chill.

When it gets this cold we usually don't get much snow with it. We have had few inches building up to it. Maybe an inch or two last night. Just enough to have shovel a few times at work... In dress pants of course.  ::)

By Sunday we are supposed to be at -2 C.... Go figure.  :o

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

devo

A few years back we had no snow and those type of temps right till after Christmas.........dam near everyone,s septic field froze up solid. I had a bonfire going on the top of my tank for two days just so I could thaw the ground out enough to get to the tank and pump it out....not a fun winter that was.......kinda sh*ty one at that  >:(

ronbeaux

Either way it SUCKS

-40F with wind chill

I couldn't feel my feet!! Hated every second. I thought I would die.
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

SouthernSmoked

Brrrrrrrrrrr......is right.

Dang that's cold!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

lumpy

When it gets that cold, you either make more sausage or kids :D to keep warm.

Wildcat

And I was complaining of lows in the mid 30's F(above 0) and highs of mid 50's. I feel for you folks.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

ghost9mm

The coldest I ever been was in February of 1979 we went up to Old Forge NY for 10 days of snowmobiling and it really got cold, three of us did 35 miles in -52 degrees and we turned around and went back to the hotel till it warmed up to -25...young and dumb...but it is something I will never forget.. :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Forge,_New_York
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

tsquared

You get the prize for the coldest place this week, Walleye! They closed our schools here on the island for 12 cm of snow and -3 C--makes you laugh. I went in to make sure everything was OK and had 1 very puzzled mom and daughter who recently moved  here from Iqaluit come to the school door where I told them school was closed. "so the only people who walked here through the snow were a couple of Eskimos?" she said with  a grin. I cracked up--First Nations humour--love it.
T2

sparky1

man thats way to cold for me.  this last weekend me and the mrs were in santa cruz, ca.  its where we grew up.  these are some pics from last weekend.

i know it won't help but think of yourself here sitting on the beach having a beer.    8)
26.75 OTG
18.5 WSM